Some questions about juice/e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fag-ash-lil

Apr 10, 2009
UK
Can I "top off" or fill (still trying to understand "e-cig" talk lol) a preloaded cart after it's empty, or do I have to buy the refillables?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy some sample flavours at 18mg for a 901? £19.99 seems like a lot to spend, and 30ml a lot to have sitting unused if it turns out I can't abide the flavour.

Thank you!

I have been "sampling" the e-cig since it's arrival on Thursday but today is my first proper use of it. I've avoided at least 10 analogues already, which although I'd heard rave reviews about e-cigs, I didn't really expect....these things really are miracles!!

RedBullHighBride

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
OUTSIDE
Hi Lil, thats what I do, just stick a few drops onto a drying out pre filled cart, works ok for me. It's better not to fill it so much that the liquid pools on the top though, that can flood the atomiser, which is a pain.
There's sellers on ebay.co.uk who sell 10ml for about six quid in different flavours...I don't know how good it is though. postage is included if I recall correctly.
Good luck.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Can I "top off" or fill (still trying to understand "e-cig" talk lol) a preloaded cart after it's empty, or do I have to buy the refillables?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy some sample flavours at 18mg for a 901? £19.99 seems like a lot to spend, and 30ml a lot to have sitting unused if it turns out I can't abide the flavour.

Thank you!

I have been "sampling" the e-cig since it's arrival on Thursday but today is my first proper use of it. I've avoided at least 10 analogues already, which although I'd heard rave reviews about e-cigs, I didn't really expect....these things really are miracles!!

If 18mg works for you consider buying 36mg strength and cutting it 50/50 with PG or VG. This way you get twice as much for half the price...........

RedBullHighBride

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
OUTSIDE
Oooh I'm not quite ready to start cutting, I don't have the confidence yet.... I was actually looking for pre-filled flavoured carts but couldn't find any (Can tell I'm new to this!)

Do I just like pour out half the bottle, and fill it with VG/PG and shake? And that cuts down the nic content? God, I feel like an idiot with all my questions!

Well I like like the mad scientist element of the whole thing so I measure it all out into new dropper bottles with a syringe and what-not, but basically, if you mix equal amounts of 36mg liquid and glycerine and shake it up you'll get 18mg liquid. The flavour will be less, but the vapour will be more, as glycerine is more 'smokey'. Similarly 2/3 36mg juice to 1/3 glycerine will give 24mg juice.

Hope this helps.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Oooh I'm not quite ready to start cutting, I don't have the confidence yet.... I was actually looking for pre-filled flavoured carts but couldn't find any (Can tell I'm new to this!)

Do I just like pour out half the bottle, and fill it with VG/PG and shake? And that cuts down the nic content? God, I feel like an idiot with all my questions!

Welcome to the forum, Lil from Inverness. :)
I think you should do a wee bit of reading first Lil, remember this stuff is not like orange squash. Best heed the warnings and be sure you have the right equipment and understand what you're doing.

DIY e-liquid - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Pre-filled flavoured carts do exist, though many suppliers' stocks are a bit low, owing to shipping and customs hold-ups. You'll need to get the same type of carts you got with your e-cig.
The UK suppliers will be easiest to access. US ones often don't ship internationally or else may have fairly big shipping charges.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/uk-e-smokers/3258-uk-suppliers.html

Lang may yer Vape reek! ;)

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Have cutters found that some very strong flavours actually improve through diluting with PG? And do weaker flavours lose a huge amount of their flavour, or just a wee bit?

Haven't cut any yet. Like Lil, I'm a canny lass, and not into the wielding of pipettes and calculations of millilitres yet. But I hear that flavour loss is a problem, and hence all the talk of adding extra flavouring Lorann's or other brands of stuff, as one can read in the Eliquid recipes thread. Some are buying XXHigh nic 36mg and adding their own flavourings while cutting with VG or PG.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/5066-eliquid-recepies.html

More recipes:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/10224-recipes-only.html

But I wouldn't rush into this if I were you. There's a fair bit of knowledge to absorb first.

:)
Caesarea, who prefers reading recipes to cooking.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Thanks for the PM!

I dunno about Caley.....not a footie fan, I'm afraid! Come to think of it, not really a fan of anything that promotes exercise - it's a swearword in my vocabulary, along with the word "diet" :) I think they're in the SPL now though?

Now, now, no swearing on the forum, Lil! ;)

happy Vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread