Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
:confused:

I've been vaping for nearly two years now ... and for the past six months been DIY for most of my juice. I read in the forum about TV Doublers, and was very excited to try these out (figuring they'd have a customer for life with me, after all the good reviews).

I ordered two doublers to start - Peanut Butter Cookie, and a Cupcake with Caramel and PB (both with "strong" flavor).

"Long story short" ... these have absolutely NO taste. After steeping for nearly a month, they are still almost completely a clear color, have virtually no smell, and no taste. It's like there's nothing there.

I'm thinking something must be wrong - perhaps they made an error in making them?? I've never had such weak "juice" before (nic or not) ... ever.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this "normal" for Doublers ... can't be, can it?

I did contact customer service, and all they recommended was that I buy more - a different juice (like butter rum) that has more flavor ... that was it. :(

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
:)

Thanks for the replies ... appreciated. :D

That's why I was excited about trying the Doublers ... because of the positive reviews I read.

However, these two have NO taste or smell. That's why I thought "something has to be wrong". :confused:

Since I haven't had a response or help from Tasty Vapors (other than telling me to buy something else) ... I think my only option is to mix some of my "own" flavoring to it (so it will have some taste!). :unsure:

Again ... thanks for the replies.

I needed to see if this was the "norm" for the Doublers - guess it isn't. So, that tells me they just mixed mine wrong. :facepalm:

(I am disappointed that instead of helping - they only said to "order more"). :cry:

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Mr. Tasty Vapor

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
Just curious if things got Resolved?

No ... never heard anything else from TV or customer service. :unsure:

(This post wasn't intended to put TV down ... just wanted to see if anyone else had this
problem with the Doublers. I've been vaping a long time, and have never had juice before this weak.
Just very disappointed they didn't offer to replace them.)
:facepalm:

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Hmmmm... I musta ordered 15 or so juices from TV... always the doublers... and never had a problem with no taste or no smell.

Is it possible doing your DIY you were mixing real strong and got used to really strong flavors?

Hmmm... being you are there on the CA Coast.... what you can do if you want... next time up in the Bay Area... take em over to the TV store there and have em try them out and see what they think.

I guess it is possible they screwed up your order... somehow the flavoring never got mixed in... but I would think Geoff would get you a new order if he knew there was a problem.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
Hmmmm... I musta ordered 15 or so juices from TV... always the doublers... and never had a problem with no taste or no smell.

Is it possible doing your DIY you were mixing real strong and got used to really strong flavors?

Hmmm... being you are there on the CA Coast.... what you can do if you want... next time up in the Bay Area... take em over to the TV store there and have em try them out and see what they think.

I guess it is possible they screwed up your order... somehow the flavoring never got mixed in... but I would think Geoff would get you a new order if he knew there was a problem.

Thanks for your reply. :)

No, it's not that I'm used to really strong flavors (although that's how I like them). I've bought plenty of juice, and have had both strong and weak juice. I've had juice I like, and juice I don't like. I also know that "taste is subjective". However, there has to be "some taste" in order to "like or dislike" something.

I haven't mixed these with anything of mine yet ... no reason to ... no flavor (or smell) at all. If I added these to anything, it would only "take flavor away" - it would be like adding nothing but pg & vg.

I don't go to the Bay Area often. And as far as Geoff sending me a new order if he knew there was a problem ... that's what I was "hoping" would happen - but "nope". :facepalm:

I'm sure he knows about this - and I already contacted Customer Service. Also, I'm sure he reads his own forum ("Mr Tasty Vapor" actually deleted one comment from this thread ... so he "knows").

One thing I'm certain of ... the more people that say that "Tasty Vapor is tasty" ... the more I know something was wrong with my order. Someone mixed it wrong - no other explanation I can think of!

Now my question is ... WHY DON'T THEY MAKE THIS RIGHT? :glare:

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Just to add another line of thought to your problem....I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same experience with a different vendor(Vapor Renu). The liquid I got had no color, taste or smell but stellar reviews from lots of people. I thought they did something wrong or accidently sent me straight PG. They sent 2 replacements and I got the same results. Then, they sent a few bottles of their flavoring concentrate, thinking I just wanted something stronger, but no dice with those either. After being thoroughly frustrated, a fellow ECF'er told me that I'm probably lacking the right taste bud receptors to taste the juice. I didn't really buy that, at first, but researched it and came to the conclusion that it is true. Now, I have learned to ask vendors what flavoring company they use in their mix. I thank the Heavens that I can taste and fully appreciate Tasty Vapor's juice!!!

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
Just to add another line of thought to your problem....I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same experience with a different vendor(Vapor Renu). The liquid I got had no color, taste or smell but stellar reviews from lots of people. I thought they did something wrong or accidently sent me straight PG. They sent 2 replacements and I got the same results. Then, they sent a few bottles of their flavoring concentrate, thinking I just wanted something stronger, but no dice with those either. After being thoroughly frustrated, a fellow ECF'er told me that I'm probably lacking the right taste bud receptors to taste the juice. I didn't really buy that, at first, but researched it and came to the conclusion that it is true. Now, I have learned to ask vendors what flavoring company they use in their mix. I thank the Heavens that I can taste and fully appreciate Tasty Vapor's juice!!!

Interesting thought MsOceanCity ... and thanks for your reply. :)

I really don't think that's the issue, as I've been buying juice for two years and haven't had this problem before. Yes, I've bought "weak" juice before, and like I said - juice I didn't like ... but could taste each to some degree. These, I can't.

It would be great if TV would either send replacements; or at least, their flavor concentrates to add, like you mentioned. I'd be happy with that. At least I'd feel they were trying to fix this. :?:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I do apologize for not getting back sooner on this matter. ECF posts have really fallen to the wayside as of late while I was clearing up matters with our nicotine...long story.

As Doubler go, just like with any liquid, we always use what we believe to be enough to flavor the end product, then it rolls down to personal preference, what may be "enough" for us, sometimes, is too much flavor for one person, and too little for another.

The second scenario is the mixer, who might perhaps make the mistake of adding too little or too much according to the recipe. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does happen.

Also, we get DROVES of email, which is frequently hard to stay on top of, because we have our daily routine, which is why we offer more IMMEDIATE ways to contact us, which is by Live Help or by a Phone Call.

I guarantee that you will get a live person. Buy More Stuff is not the way I would have handled it. If you hear that, you let me know who it was and I'll remedy that.

I don't have a problem remixing your order, but ask that you call us please.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com

Thanks for your reply. :)

I did use your "live help" ... but am happy to call you directly.

As far as who it was that told me to buy more instead of fixing the order ... I'm not sure what her name was - and my intentions aren't to get anyone in trouble anyway. :unsure: I'd rather you simply remind all your Customer Service Rep's about "customer service", and how it reflects on you.

But - everyone makes mistakes. It's trying to fix them that counts. :D

So, I appreciate your response and I'll be calling soon.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
:)

UPDATE:

TV is remixing my order ... sending me out a new one. :)

Greatly Appreciated!

popthank.gif

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I do apologize for not getting back sooner on this matter. ECF posts have really fallen to the wayside as of late while I was clearing up matters with our nicotine...long story.

As Doubler go, just like with any liquid, we always use what we believe to be enough to flavor the end product, then it rolls down to personal preference, what may be "enough" for us, sometimes, is too much flavor for one person, and too little for another.

The second scenario is the mixer, who might perhaps make the mistake of adding too little or too much according to the recipe. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does happen.

Also, we get DROVES of email, which is frequently hard to stay on top of, because we have our daily routine, which is why we offer more IMMEDIATE ways to contact us, which is by Live Help or by a Phone Call.

I guarantee that you will get a live person. Buy More Stuff is not the way I would have handled it. If you hear that, you let me know who it was and I'll remedy that.

I don't have a problem remixing your order, but ask that you call us please.

I just saw a report on that long story. I sure hope that it is not a sign of things to come.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
the short of the long story is we had a nicotine shipment seized by customs. The circumstances had us searching for a certified pharmaceutical source, of which we had contacted some time ago. While we WILL be ordering from them, they eluded to the fact that the FDA had seized MAJOR shipments of pharmaceutical nicotine going to Johnson Creek, RJ Reynolds, but shipments going to Big Pharma companies as well. It all seems like the FDA is merely trying to cripple the industry before they've gotten the okay on their regulations.

Things like this have called me to action on an activist level, we've signed up with a trade association (SFATA) and has all slighted my attention in the customer service area as I have employees whom I've entrusted to handle customer service so I can be resigned to the operations side of things.

While I obviously need to train a few people to handle things the way that I WOULD handle them, I most definitely encourage people not only to NOT rely on getting TV liquid issues resolved on ECF, but we're just busy enough that email isn't a good way either. Call us, Live Help with us and if you don't like what my people are telling you on the phone, you ask for ME!

Last edited:

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com

"It's Beginning" ... :(

I'm sorry you had such problems ... I had no idea.

My problem was resolved when I called,
which I should have called to begin with (instead of Live Help).
Thank you again.

Best of luck to you ... Best of luck to us ALL!
(We may need it!)

But I'll fight to the end for my right to vape! :grr:
(I'm sure most of us will!)

But I'm NOT giving it up, EVER!

"Cheers" to you for taking action!

destiny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Talking Rock, Georgia
and that is the problem with " Live Help"! You think you are talking to someone that can........help...... and all these places on the web actually want you to use them to help, but ........ Obviously, it is not always the way to go with all vendors. There are some that the Live help really does help, even when an order is not up to standards.

**made a mental note to self: Mr. Tasty Vapor says: Call!! (if ever need to)

For years, I have only ever called to ask them about how to order to get a specific flavor I was looking for.
Love, Love, Love Tasty Vapor juices!!

Last edited:

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Someone from Tasty Vapor can correct me if I am wrong but ------- Tasty Vapor's Live Help is not a service far away, it is a direct link to his employees! Live help will work fine 99% of the time. But if not, yes you can call.

CV

P.S. Keep up the good fight Geoff. Government and the FDA have been overstepping their reach for years. We just see it first hand now because of the vaping community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread