Sony VTC4 & copper mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

smplowner

Mar 22, 2015
Hey, so, i made thread few days back to new member section, and im getting all kind of answers, so im gonna ask here too, I have been sub ohming for 6months 0.2-0.4ohms, got my first copper mod week ago and copper warms up more from the atty, i know.
But i have been noticing that my batteries (sony vtc4) gets just a little bit warm in the copper mod, not anything that makes me wanna throw it to corner if it explodes, just a little warmness, not hot not even close, not as warm as my mod gets.
So my question is that can the battery take the warmness by being inside the warm tube? Or if there was a short or smth else wrong, shouldnt the battery be really warm or hot? thanks!

MCCOY300

Mar 9, 2015
Oklahoma City
Are you actually pulling the battery out and feeling that its hot? or are you feeling that the tube is hot?

When I have a warm build in, or I chain vape, heat is transferred all the way down the battery tube, I can feel the heat.

It may just be heat transfer from Atty down to the battery. Only way to verify it isn't a short is to check with a multimeter, which I would do anyway just to be sure.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
when ive had a battery short the mod got very hot, the battery died but kept heating up, so its good to always have a plan in your head if incase anything starts to happen, for instance having a mod where the batteries need to have a panel etc unscrewed and removed before getting to the batteries, always have the tools you need with you.

To much heat put through the battery will no doubt degrade it and eventually kill it, the time i am most careful is when ive just made a fresh build and im test firing or working the shorts out of the coil, keep an eye on the battery as this is when the temp will get high, if you feel its getting hot undo the mod and seperate the atty from the battery for a minute till it cools.

Dirty battery contacts, positive and negative pins, any place where there are threads all need to be clean or else will produce heat in those areas, ive been using a small wire brush to clean for a while now and its great, i dont use anything like noalox anymore, just brush contacts and reassemble.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
using a regulated mod. .125 at 48 watts. battery is probably getting much warmer than yours. seeing you are not nearly at that voltage. it will degrade the battery but no way explode it from heat alone. spec on green sony's is like 95c to burst. that means you took it out and could not even hold it. safety is very important but you have nothing to worry about from what you describe. I mean from heat. I have no idea if your build has some other problem. I am just saying don't say I promised it would not blow. anything can go wrong. plus copper is the best heatsink material. which is why you notice this. ss not so much. I am getting a hot thick body regulated mod because I am pushing it more than is sane. it is the battery that is hot. the chipset can handle it if you are a gambler. .2 at 3.8v is not a big deal. you feel it because it is copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread