Soon to be new eGo user

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormbutt

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Maine
I am a current new vaperer (17 days post analog) and a 510 user with boge refillable cartos. Due to the similar size of cigs, the 510 accomplished getting me off the smokes so I don't regret that purchase, but I am quickly tiring of it. I want more flavor/vapor.

I recently got an eGo for free (won it). It comes with the following: 2- eGo 650 mAh batteries, 2- CE4 clearomizers, 1- Fast USB charger (2.5 hour charging time), 1- Wall charging adapter, 1- 10ml empty bottle with needle cap.

What do I need to know about using the eGo for the best results and what equip should I get to maximize this unit? I know nothing about clearomizers, drips, ohms, voltage or anything, so any/all info will be greatly appreciated.

Eventually I am planning on upgrading to a much better VV set up (when money allows), but in the meantime I want the most out of the eGo.

Last edited:

Haggis

Jan 28, 2013
South Wales
Ohmschart.jpg

your device is most likely a 3.3 v device so use this chart to work out what atomisers are best suited to your battery :)

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Hi wormbutt,

You should be pretty good to go, now all you need is some eliquid. The eGo's are 3.7V avg. (they start off freshly charged at 4.18V and need recharged when the voltage gets to about 3.5V. The Ohms of the coil heads will be what determines how much heat is applied to the wick.

This chart should help: http://i.imgur.com/Ohn8o.png

Last edited:

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Grats on 17 days without a cigarette : ) The main benefit of an eGo over a standard 510 is battery life and also the use of low resistance parts. An eGo pushes out 3.3 volts generally, though it can vary by manufacturer ( not all are Joyetech, some have unregulated batteries which means it can be 4.2 volts off the charger but steadily drops down ). They are not usually true 3.7v batteries. A new eGo battery should last a heavy vaper 6 hours. That will start to decrease with time and charge cycles, as with any battery.

Sounds like you have everything you need except for liquid. Clearomizers are not something I use, but many like them. They are basically a tank that holds liquid. Wicks inside the tank draw liquid to the heating coil. Thicker liquids may not work well in them and chainvaping will cause dry/burnt hits. Tilting them also impacts wicking. They may leak. The needle on the bottle is for filling them. Within the next couple of weeks, you will need to order more clearomizers. They can be refilled and reused, but they will eventually become hard to draw on.

Back to voltage: I personally enjoy LR on eGo batteries. That means I use devices that range from 1.5-2.0 ohm in resistance. Lower resistance means higher wattage and more TH, more vapor, and a warmer vape. Not everyone likes LR. A standard resistance for an eGo would be about 2.2-2.4 ohms. I would not go any higher than that. LR also means that you will have to charge your batteries more often.

Try out the clearos and see how you like them. If they are not as consistent as you would like, you can try cartomizers ( filler wrapped around a coil ) or atomizers ( just the coil which can be dripped on or used with a cartridge ).

Last edited:

wormbutt

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Maine
kslac - I started out with a few 0 nic ehookahs that I used with cigs for a few days before my quit date (Feb 1) just to get the "feel" of ecigs. Then when I quit I started with a bottle of 24mg because i wanted to make sure I didn't have a lot of cravings. I quickly ordered several more 10ml bottles of 18 mg and plan to drop to 12mg after I use these bottles up. I'm hoping to be 0 nic by summer. The 510 is similar size of regular cigs and that helped with the "having something in my hand" habit. Now I can substitute a pen in my hand and I'm fine.

About the ejuice - I have a few bottles from Fuzion and Black Velvet that are 80/20 that I use in my cartos. Will those work ok in a clearo or do I need a different pg/vg ratio?

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Welcome Worm, and kslac !
I think that is fantastic you won and eGo kit.
I started vaping- and quit smoking (40yr, PAD 'burro red' smoker) with my ego-c kit...now six weeks ago.
The eGo is the best selling kit for a reason- Easy fill, easy carry, lots of full, thick Vapor- a real PV- it is, and will be for a long time- my day to day vape gear.
I have mods now- but use them at home in the evening, My eGo goes with me everywhere.

The only thing thats missing is that 'empty bottle'....you need some nice juice !
I would recomend MT Baker- nice Ejuice, inexpensive and FAST shipping.

and Yes-kslac, you need to get Ejuice with 6, 12, 18 or 24 mg of nicotene per ML.
Light smokers might need 6 or 12mg/ml, heavy smokers might use 18 or 24mg/ml.
Hope this helps...

Best to you !

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Wormbutt: Welcome! I started out with the Cigalikes too! You are definitely going in the right direction! I’m into my second month Vaping and second week with my upgrades an eGo 1100mah Twist, 2 eGo 650mah Pass Through and a Gripper. The chart is good to get a general idea where you want to be. With the Variables you will find the sweet spot to Your Liking!

This Forum is Awesome with information! There are Folks here that go way out of their way to help you! Look at some of my previous posts with my Newb questions! I really like how my Twist works! I’ve tried all my Carts, Tanks & Atomizers on it with great results! There is definitely a difference between the non VV batts and the VV! But the little 650’s are great to run around with! I now want a 600mah Twist!

I purchased different collars & sleeves to make them look better & to cover the threads but look out not all sleeves are vented you have to read the fine print! I’m really glad I held off with my original upgrade purchase till after I got the knowledge from the Vaping Professors here! My orders changed drastically! Keep those Cigalikes for back up or start a friend out with them! ENJOY!

Skullman {:{}

wormbutt

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Maine
Welcome Worm, and kslac !
I think that is fantastic you won and eGo kit.

Yeah I was floored when I read that I won! A few days before I entered the contest I had decided I wanted to upgrade, but really didn't have the money to do so right now. I "spoke" to a couple people in the chat room on here and they had recommended the eGo twist as the next step up. I saw the contest right after that and it was 2 days from ending. I said what the heck and entered. The win is an awesome way to go ahead with an upgrade without major money output. It isn't a twist, but still a step up from the 510. I still like my 510 , I just sometimes wish the flavor was a little more intense and vapor a little thicker.

Hey Wormbutt: Welcome! I started out with the Cigalikes too! You are definitely going in the right direction! I’m into my second month Vaping and second week with my upgrades an eGo 1100mah Twist, 2 eGo 650mah Pass Through and a Gripper. The chart is good to get a general idea where you want to be. With the Variables you will find the sweet spot to Your Liking! ...

Skullman, thanks for the info!!

Last edited:

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada

MikeDubb

Feb 5, 2013
Hawaii
My first PV was a eGo twist 1100mah battery about 5 months ago. Clearomizers are great in the beginning when you first start but you might find yourself getting tired of them. I recommend cartomizers. I must say they have been the most hassle free way of vaping ive found paired with my Smoktech Groove. Variable voltage is the best way to go. Im also giving the vivi nova a try, so we will see how that goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread