Speed up e-liquid aging process

Status
Not open for further replies.

petar k

Unresolved Status
Jun 6, 2010
Serbia / Croatia
...i have, like eight different tobacco e-liquids (i guess 100% VG with 36mg nic.) from Flavour Art. All the e-liquids smells like a perfume; it's colors are barely visible; and it is almost impossible to vape them.
I'm currently vaping some "older" FA e-liquids that have some more it's "original" aroma then the perfume ones, and also, they are more colored, but still... judging by the tempo those e-liquids are aging (for around five days i got them), it will take some weeks to fully age and be what it should be. That is paradox since I have no other juices to vape, and I'm gonna vape out all of my FAs e-liquids until it "shows" it real aroma. the biggest paradox is, that those e-liquids are actually sample pack:= (i guess my next order to FA, will be - anything but perfume)

so, is it possible to speed e-liquid aging up? e.g: by exposing juices to air; by warming them; exposing to the sun rays; or what else...

Chuck Gnarly

Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
Victoria, BC
I've been told that all of your guesses are actually right on the money.

Most common answer is to leave the caps off for 24 hours, and see if that helps. Otherwise I've also heard of people running the sealed bottle under hot water, or leaving the cap off for longer than 24 hours in a warm location. I personally have only tried the 24 hour unsealed trick, and it definitely helped!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I usually do not steep DIY liquids since I mix small 3ml batches. When I make a large 90ml batch of my goto juice I mix/shake well then place in a coffee cup filled with hot tap water for about 1hr. Color and flavor change occur fairly quickly with a hot water bath. Just make sure bottle is capped tightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread