The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SS Mesh wick?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by VOIDeater76, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VOIDeater76

VOIDeater76 Full Member

Apr 11, 2017
    I'm curious about trying mesh wicking for the first time after finding some mesh in the back room of my shop. I figured it would be a great way to make a build for juice sampling, but I don't know what wire would work best with 400hpi SS Mesh.

Is there a wire material that works best? Share with me your tips n tricks.

2. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    What kind of atomizer?
    Generally mesh wicking only works well at higher ohms and lower wattages...in a Genesis type atty.. MTL type vaping... I don't think It will keep up with a modern subohm RDTA or RTA.. dripper would work but be leaky. As will the tanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. VOIDeater76

VOIDeater76 Full Member

Apr 11, 2017
    I was gonna use a pulse 22.

4. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    In a dripper for 1 or 2 puffs of tasting... mesh might work.. silica would be better.. holds more juice and can supply the coil a little better. SS just don't HOLD much juice or wick fast.....

Personally I would just use plain cotton and rewick as needed..... I prefer to do tasting with the same build I plan to vaoe with.... SS is easy to change flavors with but it doesn't vape anything like a natural fiber wick.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I used kanthal ribbon with my old gennies. I even have one rebuilt for tasting. But it's a pain because the cap has to come off to reload the wick.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.