Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I use Howards Sunshield Wood Conditioner to keep all my many wood/stabwood mods better than when new. As easy as it gets.

HowardsSunshield.png

ie, Quilted Maple Woodvil.
wood-253a.jpg

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I got Howard's butchers block conditioner, the food safe processed mineral oil and renaissance wax.

My method is oil, then the butchers block conditioner and last renaissance wax.

And of course when you first condition stabwood it is probably best to keep on applying conditioners and polishing, until the stabwood is unable to absorb any more.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    So it works as a standalone polish and conditioner without the need for any other products?

Absolutely:thumb:
    It's a mineral oil and wax combined into one and it works great!
    I tried the mineral oil and then gave a renaissance wax but I find the Howard's works much better and it's only the one application:)

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    U guys are frikin prossssss....I just stick a fake wood sticker on my mod today hahahahaha does it count ???? :p no need polish cause looks crappy from new hahahaha

Ha ha love it, I see you live in Athens...2years ago I climbed a certain iconic 80steps of very, very smooth (polished by years of feet walking on it )marble landmark in your city. Slipped and broke the same ankle for the 4th time. Despite my injury I never let on, had FULL medical international insurance,... arrived back home in New Zealand 2months later after hobbling around the Med, opps metal screws had come adrift from last surgery. Us Kiwis just get on with it and say...She'll be right":banana::banana::banana::banana:

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    I see you live in Athens
    But is it Athens Greece, or Athens Georgia?
    And did you at least have Eye of the Tiger playing?

Anyway, nice tips. I'm still pondering if I should go for the stabwood Bantam or not. I'm not the best maintenance type of person, but it seems like a nice Sunday afternoon thing to do.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    @bask Genuine full stabwood mods are seriously pricey, but do not necessarily have to be high maintenance. As a rule I don't like to spend more than £50 on a mod, but when I laid eyes on the M17 I just had to have one. The business model at Axis Vapes was price them reasonably and don't make people jump through hoops to falsely inflate the price, make them sell them.
    It's armed with a DNA200, but I only ever use it in power mode. Firstly I don't care for TC, and secondly it's the worst TC of any of the mods I've tried.

I bought mine back in 2016 for what seemed a lot of money, but not an insane amount. But by the time I had included shipping from the US, with UK sales tax and import duty the price ballooned. Of course by this time customs and excise had it and it was too late. You live and learn.

I never done more than basic superficial cleaning to it and it still looks awesome. It's time to bring out the full shine and lustre.
    Axis Vapes went out of business about three years ago, so I would imagine they are fairly collectable now. Not that I'm planning on selling it.

E2CPHYf.png

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    That looks really nice @sonicbomb. Thanks for sharing your experience.

The problem with the insane price mods is that they're so insanely pretty.
    A user on a Dutch forum posted this:

upload_2020-9-19_18-6-20.png
    |

I do not want to know the price of this thing, but I think it's one of the most beautiful mods I've ever seen.

But, you're right. They don't have to be pricey. The stab Bantam is like 120 or so and then it's a matter of praying that your package doesn't get picked out of line at customs.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Ha ha love it, I see you live in Athens...2years ago I climbed a certain iconic 80steps of very, very smooth (polished by years of feet walking on it )marble landmark in your city. Slipped and broke the same ankle for the 4th time. Despite my injury I never let on, had FULL medical international insurance,... arrived back home in New Zealand 2months later after hobbling around the Med, opps metal screws had come adrift from last surgery. Us Kiwis just get on with it and say...She'll be right":banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ouchhhh....I am sorry for that experience...they should make those stairs less slippery but we are noobs....next time call me I will come carry you up there :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    But is it Athens Greece, or Athens Georgia?
    And did you at least have Eye of the Tiger playing?

Anyway, nice tips. I'm still pondering if I should go for the stabwood Bantam or not. I'm not the best maintenance type of person, but it seems like a nice Sunday afternoon thing to do.
    Athens Greece..... and of eye for the tiger is my alarm sound....:headbang:

• Winner
    Reactions: bask

Dudeman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    Howards is a good product but over time it can leave a yellow tint on colorful wood due to the beeswax. I stopped using it a couple years ago. Didn't like what it did to my Reo's.

Also the link saying to apply Renaissance wax heavily is bad advice and just plain wasteful. You're gonna buff off 98% of it and the thicker you lay it on, the more work you're going to do for the same final result.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    True @Dudeman, the darkening from beeswax though can be good in enhancing the look though.

And yes, you only apply a small amount of renaissance wax and most importantly make sure that it is well worked into the stabwood as well.

But for no yellowing, it would have to be mineral oil and renaissance wax.

But folks need to be made aware that for a mirror like finish, Cyanoacrylate and other compounds are used.

• Informative
    Reactions: bask
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread