Stacked Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I just picked up a couple of stacked mech mods. A Coilart Mage v2 Stacked and an AV M1P5 (clone). Holy cow! These thing are great. I put Apocalypse RDAs on both of them. You can fog up a room in no time. They obviously drink juice like water. Does anyone else use a stacked mod? What are your thoughts?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I remember stacking 18350s and 16340s in the the old GGTS/Ultramax days.
I've not stacked 18650s. My "ego" can't handle the competition. :blink::ohmy::ohmy::blink:

What builds do you have in the RDAs?
Do you notice one device performing better than the other?
I will presume those will be home use items since they are not so pocket friendly.

Congrats
I

Reactions: Don29palms

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yeah I run my side piece (a lot shorter) and it does fog the room up without trying. I have a mage mech V2 in my basket,can't buy just yet. I am also waiting for an overpowered stacked . Trying to save up for it and I think the overpowered might get purchased over the mage V2. I have my 30mm gun metal on top my side piece in RDA form and it does get dry after a few pulls . You can stuff the cotton in the channels in RDA mode but still not enough to keep up with more than 3 drags.

Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I remember stacking 18350s and 16340s in the the old GGTS/Ultramax days.
I've not stacked 18650s. My "ego" can't handle the competition. :blink::ohmy::ohmy::blink:

What builds do you have in the RDAs?
Do you notice one device performing better than the other?
I will presume those will be home use items since they are not so pocket friendly.

Congrats
I
I have 26g nichrome80 single core/36g SS316L wrap claptons. 3mn I'd dual coils that ohm out to .51ohms rayon wicks in both RDAs. Since both RDAs are exactly the same I really don't notice much difference. The Mage does hit hareder. I have the M1P5 at work with me today. The M1P5 has a locking fire button where the Mage does not. Stacked they are not pocket friendly but both mods can be run in single battery configuration. Now I want to get a stacked Dreamer. I'll also get a Keen when they come out with a stack section. I'll be making some different coils this weekend.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yeah I run my side piece (a lot shorter) and it does fog the room up without trying. I have a mage mech V2 in my basket,can't buy just yet. I am also waiting for an overpowered stacked . Trying to save up for it and I think the overpowered might get purchased over the mage V2. I have my 30mm gun metal on top my side piece in RDA form and it does get dry after a few pulls . You can stuff the cotton in the channels in RDA mode but still not enough to keep up with more than 3 drags.
I don't remember what it was but there was some reason I passed on the Overpowered.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Back in 2012 for a short term experiment I stacked two RCR123A 3.0V 800mAH batteries in an 18650 mech mod. This was before there were rebuildable atomizers, and all we had were "low resistance" (1.2 ohm) cartomizers. This was a way to achieve high voltage vaping back in the day (regulated mods were just coming onto the scene). I have to say I was not a fan. The low capacity of these cells meant they didn't last long at all per charge and they required a special charger.

71nVQvjydtL._AC_UL436_.jpg

Grimm Green is using stacked RCR123A batteries in this 18650 Silver Bullet at around 3:30 mark in this video from 2009.

:danger: Disclaimer: I must add here that I do NOT advocate using these RCR123A batteries in a mech mod. They are NOT a safe chemistry battery and should not be used for vaping. Just because "you can", doesn't mean you should. I shared this only to share some history in the early days of vaping.

If you absolutely must stack batteries, use only safer chemistry batteries (IMR, INR) and a battery device designed to use dual batteries. Better yet, use a regulated mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I don’t get the whole stacked thing as it makes the mod ridiculously long. Out of interest, why wouldn’t you just use a series mod?
To tell the truth I thought the same thing. Now that I've tried stacked mods I like it. To me it's very comfortable to use. Like I've said many times, to each their own.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Back in 2012 for a short term experiment I stacked two RCR123A 3.0V 800mAH batteries in an 18650 mech mod. This was before there were rebuildable atomizers, and all we had were "low resistance" (1.2 ohm) cartomizers. This was a way to achieve high voltage vaping back in the day (regulated mods were just coming onto the scene). I have to say I was not a fan. The low capacity of these cells meant they didn't last long at all per charge and they required a special charger.

71nVQvjydtL._AC_UL436_.jpg

Grimm Green is using stacked RCR123A batteries in this 18650 Silver Bullet at around 3:30 mark in this video from 2009.

:danger: Disclaimer: I must add here that I do NOT advocate using these RCR123A batteries in a mech mod. They are NOT a safe chemistry battery and should not be used for vaping. Just because "you can", doesn't mean you should. I shared this only to share some history in the early days of vaping.

If you absolutely must stack batteries, use only safer chemistry batteries (IMR, INR) and a battery device designed to use dual batteries. Better yet, use a regulated mod.

Yep I remember stacking them. Boy the good days of vaping.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Oh don't tell me that ? I really like the gun metal stack it looks sexy .
It's had some good reviews. It was something I personally didn't like. Just like the Bonza has got good reviews but I'll never get one. I can't stand Vandy Vape and will never buy anything by them. That's just me.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
It's had some good reviews. It was something I personally didn't like. Just like the Bonza has got good reviews but I'll never get one. I can't stand Vandy Vape and will never buy anything by them. That's just me.
Out of genuine curiosity why no Vandy Vape? Is there d-baggery I’m not aware of?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Out of genuine curiosity why no Vandy Vape? Is there d-baggery I’m not aware of?
Their customer service is worse than crappy and they are impossible to deal with if you can get a reply at all. I choose to give my money to companies that appreciate their customers. That's the reader's digest version.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I don’t get the whole stacked thing as it makes the mod ridiculously long. Out of interest, why wouldn’t you just use a series mod?
I agree, I stacked two of my Broadside's once and IMO a stacked tube is obnoxiously combersome, I just don't get it.

I prefer my series mods like MCV Elite.
2929805b0336846daf88acf57b1edd46.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread