Stardust flooding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
I wanted so much to love these but they keep flooding on me. I've been reading others' posts on them and it seems like most people have the opposite problem (hard pulls, dry hits, muted flavor). So what am I doing wrong? I am careful not to get the juice into the airway when I'm filling them.

I use 70/30 juices and they seep into the mouthpiece no matter how careful I am. Any suggestions?

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
It can only be the seal between the mouthpiece and the silicone sleeve in it that is less than perfect;

if you can find a way to pull up the silicone sleeve without damaging it,it should stop flooding.

I find it odd though,I have 5 running,all are perfectly working.

Thanks! I'll give that a try. :)

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I have plenty of them do exactly that. It is overwhelmingly the reason for lack of, or cool vape with these cartos.

Quick way to see if the seal is good between the mouthpeice and the cup is take a puff, then blow it back through the carto. If there is no fog in the tank, the seal is good.

Almost always, it is because juice is getting past the wick.

Way to fix this is to think of these as dripping atty's in a tank. The objective is to wet the wick, but not submerge it in juice. The short wick with no bend freely transports juice to the coil. The way to accomplish this is to first off fill no more than halfway to the wick. 4th line from the top is a good benchmark. (Yes there is a reason for the fill lines after all)

Now look at how the wicks are situated when your PV is in your vaping position. What you want is the wicks to be out of the juice when vaped. For example if the button is top or bottom when vaped like most, then the carto should be screwed down so the wicks are horizontal to the button. Keep the wick wet by tilting from time to time. Not upside down, but rather just kind of touch the wick with juice. Like I said, much like one would do if dripping, just a hell of a lot more convenient.

Fill level: Photo0017.jpg
Flooding position: photo0015.jpg
Controlled position: photo0016.jpg

They use a thick wick, but I do wish they would wise up and go even thicker. I've rebuilt some using 2mm silica that COV sells for rebuild atty's, and 34ga nichrome that are fog machines, and are far less prone to flooding.

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
I have the Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizers and mine don't leak. I can hold them upside down and vape with no leakage.
I disagree with Big Screen D
The objective is to wet the wick, but not submerge it in juice.
these would work even better if the wicks extended down to the bottom of the tank so you didn't have to keep tipping it to wet the wick. I am looking for replacement coil/wick assemblies with long wicks to make these perfect. I fill them up to above the coil/wick and don't have issues. I love these! Now if they could make them to hold 3ml with long wicks they would be perfect. They sell these by several names i.e. E-Turbo, CE4+, Ce4 plus, Vision, stardust, CE4 Clearomizer maybe the ones that are leaking aren't built exactly the same?

Urge

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I'm having this issue with my LR Stardusts as well (by Vision). I received a 4 pack on Wednesday, the first started doing this on the first refill so I opened a second which worked great for 3 days. On the 3rd day (yesterday), the second started doing it as well, so I opened another one which worked great for the rest of the day. This morning, that 3rd one started doing it as well, and I'm not real happy about the whole deal.

I'm pretty sure it's the seal issue as martinc described, because I can sometimes fix it by taking off the tip and screwing it back down. When these are working, they're brilliant, but so far I've had 3 out of 3 do the same thing which tells me it's a design flaw and/or a bad batch, and that's not what I want to have to deal with on a regular basis. Hopefully the next generation of these will address these issues.

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
I have been using the Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer from Discount Vapers. I have been using them for 1 month and have taken them apart and cleaned and dry burned them. They are all working great except the one I popped on my brand new L Rider. The good news is as soon as I get some wick and wire that one will be all new again and better-longer wicks. I have noticed that the threads on this are very shallow (I pulled the tip off when I first got it because I didn't realize it was threaded and it still screws down) and I find I need to put pressure on the tip when screwing it down so that it goes up tight to the metal cap. If you hold it up to the light you can see if there is a gap between the tip and the metal cap. If it isn't going in all the way you probably aren't getting a great seal.

Urge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread