Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I ordered Stardusts in SR and LR to use with a KGO. I like the performance of the LR version, but from day 1 it leaked. I assumed the issue was the seal on the tip, but after a few days I looked closely and it has small cracks around the base of the tank. If this is a one-off issue I'd like to order a couple more, but has anyone else experienced this?

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Hey Rick.. I have one I'm using right now,, been using it for about a week and have no cracks whatsoever. I've read around here that juices with cinnamon can cause these things to crack.. I don't like the cinnamon's so can't speak to that.. cracks in these things seem to be kind of common, from what I've read here.. I don't think I'll order these again,, I hate having to tip them!!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Screwing it on too tight?? IDK. I ruined one of my small 808 batts cuz I screwed it onto the charger too tight.. loosened the center post, so I try to be really careful about how tightly I screw anything onto my batts. Seems to me though, that the KGO is a lot sturdier than the little 808's I have.... which is why I'm going to order another one:toast:

Smokin'Sandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK/USA
I have three total and I used the first one for about five days when the metal around the neck broke off. I thought I would be more careful with the second one by holding the metal around the neck when un/screwing the mouthpiece off and on. It broke the next day. I superglued the second one back on, but it doesn't work as good. Probably has some air leaking somewhere. I got the third one out last night. So far so good, but I did put superglue around the neck just in case it got any ideas of breaking. :D

I really, really love the LR (haven't tried the SR). I get a huge amount of vapor and flavor (along with little flavor blasts) from them with a very short pull. It closely resembles smoking to me. I'll probably keep using them, but I'll probably reinforce the neck on every one. It sucks they break before the atomizer gives out. I am going to try a tank though with a carto in it to see how that works. I hope I don't get a mouth full of juice like happens with the regular carts.

I haven't had a problem with cracks around the bottom, but I have heard of others that have. I wish they would use a little thicker glass. I'd pay a dollar more for each one if they did. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread