Starss Bravo Pod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnzoVape

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2019
France
Hi everyone,

Here are my thoughts on the Starss Bravo Pod that I won here on ECF thanks to @Vera who held up a contest for Heaven Gifts.

C6BC5037-5806-4FC1-BCDE-A2166D352399.jpeg

I just want to highlight the fact that I was asked to make this review after my winning and that I think it’s perfectly justified to do so. The least I can do after I get a vape product for completely free is make some form or promotion for the brand and/or the shop who provided me with the product.

Although I didn’t pay for this Bravo Pod I will give an honest opinion on it as I feel it wouldn’t do any good both for the brand and the potential customers to lie or simply forget to mention the flaws.

Please note that although I’m willing to be honest, my opinion might be slightly biaised due to the fact that I haven’t had to pay for the Bravo Pod. I’m not a professional reviewer so I’ll just give a few thoughts.

Packaging

The Starss Bravo Pod comes in a nice and simple cardboard packaging. Nothing fancy but everything that needs to be there.

The Pod with its cartridge

The USB cable to charge it up

The user manual

D0665317-ED92-47F0-9402-7396AE8B997B.jpeg

I wasn’t pleased to see that there is only one cartridge inside the box. Unless the ceramic coil lasts a very long time, I think two cartridges to get things going for a new customer would have been better.

I liked the fact that there were almost no plastic inside the box. I don’t know if this was intentional but as a guy who happened to be thinking more and more about the environment I think this is a nice touch.

0246FC2D-7E83-42F1-8A37-E17B1899F355.jpeg

The only plastic material found is the USB cable bag. To be honest this isn’t necessary in my opinion. Starss could have easily gone full green and get rid of that little plastic bag. But I’m not complaining, this was already a nice eco friendly package.

Design and build quality

Perception is subjective. I do liked the design of this Bravo Pod. I like the curvy lines and the metal parts and I love that popping red and gold. I also like the size and that it feels comfortable in the hand.

Something I liked also is the weight. Unlike most people I like to feel the things I use. This Pod is quite heavy. And to me that’s a good thing. It feels sturdy, I’m not afraid to put it down on any surface and I feel it’s durable.

All in all it’s a well designed and well built pod system.

4C13B37A-799F-48ED-84AA-4A427E0A6707.jpeg

5ED46DBA-5643-46A8-8CFB-EF5FA19820E5.jpeg

Usage

That Bravo Pod is convenient, there’s no doubt about that. Easy to fill with a large enough hole in the Pod. And the cartridge clicks back into place nicely.

Now to the vaping part. Well... I can’t say I enjoyed vaping on it. Let me explain.

EFFFEE0D-A447-4592-84E8-85C71D37457A.jpeg

You can use this pod both for mtl and restricted dtl draw. I’m a mtl aficionado so that’s what I tried first. Although vapor production is good enough, I don’t feel any throat hit at all. I don’t need a strong hit, I vape a 6mg nicotine. But with this pod the hit is too light, way too light.

Add to that the fact that the draw activation shuts off after a 2 second draw. That’s usually more than enough but when you look for a stronger hit you get frustrated not to be able to draw for like 3 or 4 seconds.

Then I tried the restricted dtl draw. Now that was a lot better. I can draw for as long as I need and I get a nicer throat hit. But it is a very, very restricted dtl draw and I found that the cartridge tends to get hotter after a couple draws. Maybe it wasn’t intended for dtl draws, I don’t know. But it’s more pleasant to use it that way.

The flavors are ok for a pod system. Though I didn’t use a whole lot of pods, there are still pretty far behind other systems.

Didn’t bothered me as much as the lack of hit.

Final thoughts

All in all I wished the vaping experience were as good as the design of this Pod.

This Bravo Pod will probably not be satisfying enough for experienced vapers who already quit smoking long ago and are looking for either huge clouds or premium flavors and throat hit.

But I believe it would be sufficient for someone looking for a beautiful vaping device to carry around, maybe in addition with nic salt liquids to get off the cigarette.

The Starss team clearly put some time and effort in the design making. Now if they manage to improve the vaping experience their next product could be a winner.

30AB9CD3-6352-48FB-A3CE-65674411F092.jpeg

Thanks for reading all my thoughts. I probably forgot to mention a few things but as a non native english speaking guy i did my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread