Started tasting ejuice in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
I've been using a eVic Primo Mini with ProCore Aires tank with a 0.4ohm ProC1 coil for nearly a year now with no issues. I vape at 30W, the coil is rated 40W+ but I find that way too hot for me 30W has always delivered a great experience that I enjoy.

Up until recently I was vaping various 6mg juices and recently tried a new juice mixed to 3mg (30PG/70VG)- around the same time as I started with that juice I started to notice that while vaping I could taste the liquid in my mouth - I don't mean massive amounts of spit back in my mouth, but I can taste the flavour on my tongue and lips in a way I haven't before - is this normal?.

At first I thought this may have just been the coil dying, I've tried 2 new coils since and both seem to have the same issue.

I wonder if it could be the fact that with lower nic levels I'm simply vaping more and taking deeper hits? But this feels normal to me and I don't think I should be getting the taste of liquid coming through into my mouth and lips. If it is that then what can I do to stop it? I've tried higher wattage but that seems to make it worse as the coil spits up actual drops of hot liquid

Also I've been mixing vaping with analogs for quite some time, but in the last 10 days or so have been soley using the vape and haven't touched an analog - could this literally be something thats always been there but I'm only noticing now my tastebuds are finding new life without cigarette smoking?

Any tips appreciated.
C

Reactions: stols001

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It seems to coincide with lowering your nic levels, so I think you are getting more of the flavor and less of the nic "bite". Pretty likely you are vaping a bit more as well, partially due to cutting the nic in half. Recovering taste buds could also definitely be in play.

Bumping up to 6mg for a bit would help you find out if that is the difference versus possibly a bad batch of coils. In any case, congrats on cutting down and cutting off the smokes!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not really sure what is doing it, all of the above seem plausible. Have you tried going back to 6 mg nic yet to see if that resolves the problem. It is possible you might be inhaling more, and/or depending on the form of your nic (pg or vg based) it may have changed your percentage slightly, leading to wicking issues. That's about all I can come up with. Best of luck.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread