Starting off with SmokeTip

Status
Not open for further replies.

snigfargle

Oct 15, 2011
Pasadena
I have just started trying e-cigarettes with a kit from SmokeTip. Before ordering it I found this forum and read a lot of very useful material :)

The kit I ordered contained a couple of batteries, a set of 12mg cartridges, and I added a variety pack of 10 flavoured cartridges.

Firstly, I was struck by what a fantastic invention the e-cigarette is! The sensation is a very close approximation to smoking an "analog" cigarette. I installed one of the regular cartridges to start with, and found that the taste was rather bland, although I'm not sure what I was expecting. I seemed to have to puff several times in quick succession in order to get a satisfying volume of vapour, to the extent that the nicotine hit was quite noticeable and made me a little light-headed. I'm wondering two things: a) perhaps I need to get some lower nicotine content cartridges, b) perhaps the cartridges from SmokeTip don't tend to produce much vapour?

After my tests with the regular cartridges, I tried the Menthol flavour and the Chocolate flavour. The Menthol taste was not much like a Marlboro Menthol, which is what I was expecting. The Chocolate was excellent, and very realistic. I think I'm going to have fun trying the other SmokeTip flavours.

I believe the SmokeTip battery is an 808 type? Does this mean that, for example, the WOW cartridges from Vapor4Life will fit it? My searches on the forum suggest they will.

Finally, what brands of compatible cartridge do people recommend that generate the maximum amount of vapour? Ideally I'd like to see a large cloud of the stuff without having to suck the end off the e-cig! :vapor:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Well since u r just starting u have to get used to the proper way to inhale, it is different than using a cig. U should be able to find more info on this in the new member forum but here is my description: Take a long inhale into your mouth, like u r sucking up a shake through a straw, then stop, maybe inhale a little to ur lungs but blow the rest out. I usually inhale mine for 5-6 seconds. Get a good amount of vapor that way. Don't think it is necessary to inhale it into ur lungs because it is absorbed differently, more so through ur mucus membranes.

Smoketip is also the set I started off with, tho since then they have come out with new batteries. I THINK they are still kr808s but someone else should confirm, maybe they r different? Mine were kr808s and I enjoyed the menthol (even tho didn't taste like cig I liked it), the apple & the coffee flavor. Tho in general coffee flavors are not my thing I have since learned. I reccomend trying vapor4life, they have a lot of different flavors (this is if u confirm the new batts are kr808s) and they have sampler packs. Sign up for their newsletter first as they run great sales regularly.
Amount of vapor will vary per flavor and also depends alot on the pg/vg level. The more vg the more vapor, but also the less throat hit and often less flavor as well. I like a level of 75pg/25vg or 70pg/30vg. Sometimes 50/50.

Good luck, welcome to vaping, and welcome to ECF!!

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
I started with SmokeTip too! I ordered V4L carts later and have had hit or miss compatibility. I have to switch the carts between batteries to get 1 that works (I have 3 batteries).

The V4L carts have a slightly different contact than the ST ones, it sits slightly lower inside the threaded part. The V4L carts give a better throat hit if you ask me and a little more tobaccoey flavor. Their cappuccino flavor (V4L) is really good too, mocha caramel...not so much.

Also, look out for your batteries to stay on after you go through about 50 carts in 1, ST replaces them though.

Good Luck

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
Well since u r just starting u have to get used to the proper way to inhale, it is different than using a cig. U should be able to find more info on this in the new member forum but here is my description: Take a long inhale into your mouth, like u r sucking up a shake through a straw, then stop, maybe inhale a little to ur lungs but blow the rest out. I usually inhale mine for 5-6 seconds. Get a good amount of vapor that way. Don't think it is necessary to inhale it into ur lungs because it is absorbed differently, more so through ur mucus membranes.

Good luck, welcome to vaping, and welcome to ECF!!

I got my first ST batteries right before they changed, then they sent me a new free one when I bought 5 packs of carts. i didn't see any difference in the batteries. The contacts were exactly the same, the charger was exactly the same and they only work half the time with my V4L carts...

The draw on the ST was WAAAYY easier than a standard cigarette...took some getting used to, I would draw on it so hard at first it would whistle lol. My V4L carts now are harder to draw through which I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread