Status
Not open for further replies.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
1. Warm them to loosen the juice. I use a sink of hot tap water. Seal them in a zipper baggie if you want to protect the labels.
2. While still a bit warm, shake them thoroughly (I go about 4 minutes), then pull off the spouts and set them in a cabinet. You might want to dust it first.
3. After some time (2-4 hours or more, longer if they have an alcohol smell), recap and shake thoroughly again. Then, back in the cabinet.
4. Every day or two, squeeze out the air and give them another shake. I do this for two weeks, or longer for creamy and tobacco flavors (3-4 weeks).

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
We just put the bottles, caps on, in a dark place - I use an el cheapo toolbox from Walmart - until we are ready to vape them. So far, we have not needed to do anything else to steep the eliquids we get.

If you haven't tried a bit of air exchange and shaking during the waiting period, you should. Good Enough might change to Much Better!

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Um, why do you want to steep? If you just received bottles from a manufacturer, they most likely are pre-steeped. Almost every distributor of juice won't sell a bottle unless it's ready by their standards for consumption on the day of purchase unless there is a stated time for ideal vaping. If you diy then it's at your discretion til you're happy with the juice. There is one other reason to steep. If your not happy with the bottle as is, time will change it slightly but the core taste of the juice will always remain.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Um, why do you want to steep? If you just received bottles from a manufacturer, they most likely are pre-steeped. Almost every distributor of juice won't sell a bottle unless it's ready by their standards for consumption on the day of purchase unless there is a stated time for ideal vaping. If you diy then it's at your discretion til you're happy with the juice. There is one other reason to steep. If your not happy with the bottle as is, time will change it slightly but the core taste of the juice will always remain.

Many, many vendors mix to order. This is especially true of value-priced vendors (which is pretty much all I patronize), but even some of the more expensive types recommend steeping. I've even seen steeping recommendations from some of the premium batch-mixer sellers.

That's not to say there aren't lots of ready-to-vape liquids for sale, especially from the online supermarkets or at the B&Ms, where they've probably been sitting for a while. But to me, even those benefit from some fresh air, a good shake, and a sit-down period of at least a few days.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
All I do is either when I rarely buy eliquid, or more times than most DIY, I give it a good one minute shake, take the cap off for 24 hours, leave it in a cool dark place (i.e. Kitchen cupboard or dresser) recap, another minute shake, then let it sit. Depending on what it is, fruits, no time, tobacco a couple weeks as well as creamy complex liquids. This has worked for me for years now.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
I've never met a bottle of juice that doesn't benefit from steeping. Not one.

Shake the devil out of it when you get it home.

Cap off and in a closet 24 hrs.

Cap back on and shake again.

Pick up and shake vigorously, daily for a couple of weeks to six months.

The longer you steep the less you need to shake. After a month I only shake weekly.

Always shake well before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread