Stillaire VS Tugboat, which is best for a first time modder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, don't know if this is in the right place for a topic but I think it best fits here.

So im a new vaper, and today I built my first mechanical. The specs so far are as follows:

Nemesis mod

Trustfire 18650, 2000 mah, 3.7 volt battery (I believe, I do not have it in front of me nor with me where I am)

Omega rda

Kanthal, both 26 gauge and 32 gauge

Organic Cotton

I want to upgrade the rda. I have no problems with the Omega but its a little bit of a pain building on due to the side wall. I looked at the stillaire and the tugboat because I see a lot of people use them. I wanted to get your advice on whats a good beginner builder friendly rda and if these were good options/which one of these two would you recommend. You may also recommend another, Im not hell bent on the stillaire or the tugboat, just seemed like they were commonly used.

Also, I should mention that I plan on upgrading to copper mod soon, if it would make a difference.

Thanks guys!

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
I like my stillaire for dual coil builds. Air flow does not adjust for single coil. Have not used a tugboat but many here seem to like it. If you plan on doing any low or sub ohm builds you need to get a new battery. Never buy a battery with the word fire in the name. Read up on battery safety paying close attention to baditudes posts. And learn ohms law. They dont call it ohms opinion for a reason.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Upgrade the battery to some sony vtcs first. I have a stillare and a friend of mine has a tugboat. Tugboat has fixed air holes and they will have to be drilled out. the stillare has adjustable airflow and a ton of it. juice well is deeper on tug than stillare. Both are pretty easy to build on. I think the stillare is pretty nice.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Another good affordable battery people have been raving about is the MXJO. My local B&Ms sell them for around $10 each. I recently picked up 4 and am liking them with no problems so far.

As to the debate of Stillare vs Tugboat.. In regards to beginner building.. I would recommend the Stillare. Both are solid devices and perform very well, but i honestly prefer building on a more "open" deck. It would definitely be a lot easier for a beginner IMO. If you do get the Stillare, pick up one of these bad boys and get rid of the "juice catcher" lip inside the topcap. https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10009421/1834102

blackbalt89

Aug 12, 2014
New Jersey
I don't have a Stillare but I do have a Tugboat. And while it's a breeze to build on and has a DEEP well I just wasn't crazy about it. It makes the clouds for sure but with a comparable build ohms wise the Tobh blew it out of the water for flavor and vapor. But that could just be me. This was on stock airholes on the Tug though. I'm not even gonna bother opening them up since it's just sitting in a box right now.

I still prefer my Plume Veil over the other 2 though. THATS a nice RDA. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread