Stingray Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

salim919

Jan 4, 2015
Raleigh, NC
My friend just got a stainless steel stingray mod by hcigar. he has a kayfun 3.1 RTA by hcigar on it. he screwed the top cap on extremely tight and won't unscrew. tried using pliers and still won't work. My main question is why is it leaking inside his stingray tube on the battery? I have tried searching google and can't find a solution. I have a brass stingray by hcigar and i have no problems whatsoever. any help would be much appreciated.

This could happen by 2 reasons.

1) It is leaking through the filling hole beneath but then the juice would come out on the sides of the stingray as well and not only inside. An o-ring on the screw might fix this for proper sealing.

2) the insulator of the 510 connection is damaged and it leaks through there. So the insulator might need replacement.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Hmm, does it look like the leaking is coming from the center pin of the Kayfun clone? Perhaps juice is leaking down into that bottom section and out around the center post screw. Not sure the best fix for that without seeing it up close in person

As for how it's getting inside the mod, are there any o-rings on the self-adjusting center pin of the Stingray clone? If so, perhaps they are damaged and just need to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread