Status
Not open for further replies.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I've been reading up on the Visions and went to the site to order a few to try out and - wouldn't you know it - it says out of stock on all of them. :cry:

I'm sure there's a post around here about when they'll be back in stock, but I couldn't find it.

Is there an ETA on these?

BTW in case it matters I think I'm interested trying the mini's.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Gee, ames, since you're the one who got me started on this I was thinking maybe you'd want to send that one to me. :laugh:

Since it doesn't sound like you're interested in parting with it, I guess I'll just keep checking the website.

Lately, I've seen severals vendors who throw out cryptic answers when they're asked when something will be available - if they're trying to drive us insane, it's working. :laugh:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I have great news for everyone! GV will have new stock available very shortly. How do I know you ask? Because I just caved in and placed an order for some Fluxo's as I couldn't put my order off any longer waiting for the new Saphires and Visions to arrive. Thus.... Murphy's law will prevail once again. :-x

I took one for the team so ya'll can thank me in a few hours. :lol:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I have great news for everyone! GV will have new stock available very shortly. How do I know you ask? Because I just caved in and placed an order for some Fluxo's as I couldn't put my order off any longer waiting for the new Saphires and Visions to arrive. Thus.... Murphy's law will prevail once again. :-x

I took one for the team so ya'll can thank me in a few hours. :lol:

Could you wash your car, too? We need rain here. :laugh:

Now you've got me wondering about the saphires. Guess I'll have to go see what I can find out about those.

Does anybody else ever go through a period where everything tastes just awful?

I've got the mod I want and I have narrowed down the juice thing, but now all cartos/tanks or anything else just taste nasty.

I did try a MAP tank and it's just way too big and bulky for me plus I don't want to use a gallon of the same flavor a time. I need to switch things up a bit.

I'm guessing - hoping :confused: - that the Visions are like the 3 to 5 ml tanks, just smaller than an aquarium.

monarch79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Portland, Oregon
I'm coming out of an 'everything tastes like poo' phase right now... :glare:

I vaped Battery Acid (wicked strong cinnamon/menthol from OVC), Mile High Menthol (super frosty menthol also from OVC), and Aspen Apple (smooth green apple also from OVC) in rotation, everyday, for about 6 months. Battery Acid was my main vape. And then one day, every time I vaped it, all I could taste was lemon? Why lemon? I don't know. I hate vaping anything with citrus in it, it just tastes like I'm cleaning with Pledge... Then the Mile High only tasted like chemicals... I could barely taste the apple at all, but it wasn't unpleasant, so I vaped that, all day, for about a month. Now I'm back to menthol, and apple. I can't vape cinnamon anything anymore, all I taste is lemon and burnt ....

I think I'm over it now, so I ordered some juice samples to get back into the game... We'll see... :)

MORAL OF STORY: We all go through phases where everything tastes like poo. It will pass! Just don't go on a juice spending spree, because guess what? Everything you buy is going to taste like crap too! Just vape something with very light or no flavor, and wait for it to pass.

Just tried my first Vision Deux Clearomizer and was absolutely floored by how much better it is! Didn't know my ejuice could taste this good! I went to order more, but slowly lost hope continually seeing the "sold out" signs on the site. I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to hold on for a bit longer... seems something better is right around the corner...

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
While we are waiting the birth of a new Vision (and other goodies) try this if you feel the need. (Usual disclaimers, blah blah)

A way to clean and dry burn your Vision 2 without removing (and without melting) the plastic tube.

Begin . . .

* Remove mouthpiece and dribble cup from your Vision 2

* Gently remove silicon spouty ceramic cup cover (for this I use a small metal crochet hook. In through the juice filling slot, hook under and lift)

* Remove Vision from battery

* Rinse out tube with warm water or whatever takes your fancy

* Being ever so careful of the wicks . . . dry the inside of your tube with a pipe cleaner (I've recently been using a twisted chenile pipe cleaner from the craft section in the $2 shoppe. Works better than the regular ones for drying etc)

* Use a hair dryer, put it out in the sun, leave under the griller tray when the oven is on (if you have a separate griller under the oven that is) to assist drying the wicks

* Place your still un-reassembled vision back on your battery which you use for dry burning the coil

NOW the inventive part (which I hope no one else has already come up with or this has been a real waste of time). I would have put this next bit at the start but it would have given the surprise away

* Take the tube off a stainless steel CE-2 carto or atty or whatever and slide it over the cup (careful of the wicks now). I hold it in position with some sturdy tweezers

* Now you can burn the daylights out of the coil and the plastic is protected from the direct heat. It is a bit of a juggle at first but if you hold the vision in the palm of your hand and the steel tube in position with the tweezers with the same hand you can easily operate the power button and see how the coil is going. If you have an XL steel tube you can slide it a fair way down into the Visions tube and the wicks (now also inside the steel tube) get a little extra help drying out from the heat.

(( BTW - take a look - you have just about made a de-constructed tube mod - without the grommets :p ))

* Next is to refill and replace the bits, but first adjust the positioning (and fluffing) of your wicks if necessary

** I also cut a tiny bit out of the wick slots in the spouty silicon ceramic cup cover thingy, (but that is just me, (as I like my wicks well fluffed) it's totally not necessary. I think its just a hangover from the CE2 days

* I refill before replacing the spouty silicon ceramic cup cover thingy, making sure I get a little bit of juice splashed around the tube to help upcoming slippage

* I then replace the spouty silicon ceramic cup cover thingy, taking care not to force it down too far and squeeze the wicks (its best to leave it a little short and when the mouthpiece goes in it will push it the extra distance required)

Have you noticed when putting the mouthpiece in after refilling it can push the juice into the centre tube producing the gurgles. I may have a way around that.

* Reassemble the mouthpiece and dribble cup and replace it into the tube only partway onto the spouty silicon ceramic cup cover thingy. What I have found works for me is I then put my lips on the mouthpiece and push it into place with my mouth while taking a drag (with the button depressed like normal). It seems to help relieve the pressure before it gets too much and pushes the juice through the wick slits, into the ceramic cup and into the centre tube.

Job done.

As I said -- it works for me, but ymmv. You go ahead and poop on me now.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread