Strange thing happening at 7.4v???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra GT

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
NOLA
I just received a Maxi RS with the 16340 to run it at 7.4v. This SOB kicks like a mule at 7.4v, massive vapor & TH. The only problem I am having is that it will only fire on one type of atty/carto, the Dripmizer Cartomize from gotvapes. I have tried Fluxomizers several attys /cortos with all different omh (1.5, 1.8, 2.0, 2.4, 2.8, 4.5, and 5.0) and it will not work. I can fire them on my Silver Bullet, 18650 Epower, 14650 Epower but they won’t fire on the Maxi RS. Can anyone explain this to me or what is the best set up to run vaping at 7.4v on the Maxi RS, thanks. :unsure::confused:

mnementh666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
portland or
How many ohms are your atty's and/or cartos? On a pair of fresh "3.7" volt batteries, you're looking at 8+ volts. I would think a minimum of 4ohm is necessary for that level of power.
8V at 3ohm is 21 watts, over 2.5 amps.
A standard 3.7v battery running at 4v (reasonably charged) and a Boge 2ohm carto is only 8 watts.

Also, you might try pulling the center pin of the connector on the RS out a hair, maybe it's not contacting the atty/carto?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Take something that will fit in the center post of your Carto/Atty and bump it out a little bit, thick paper clip, needle anything that fits in that hole, stick in and pry to one side and work it around or stick in the small grove and just pry up a little bit working around the hole pin, pin just needs to come out 1/16 or so, problem solved.

Cobra GT

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
NOLA
It is not the connection, I can pull out the two 16340's out and put in a 18650 and it fires with every atty/carto I have got in my arsenal, it does not make sense. the only thing is that the two 16340 jack the board in there a little sideways or some thing like that. It has to be with the two batteries verses the one. The 16340 are 71.5mm combined and the 18650 are 67.28mm, i have not had a chance to get back into it but i was hoping someone else had had this problem and there was an easy fix for it?

mnementh666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
portland or
Fair enough.
Random thought: maybe the 16340's are tripping the protection circuit.
Oooorrr... they're narrower, maybe they're not making connection on the positive end (board/switch side)? In other words, because they are narrower than the 18650, they aren't centering right and lay off to one side enough to miss the positive connection on the board?
Silly question: they aren't flat-top betteries, are they?

Sent from my HTC Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread