Strawberry Melon Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas002

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2018
Omaha NE
Just got another assortment of flavors from Bull City (great prices and service) including CAP Sweet Watermelon and FA Cantaloupe which I just mixed with my TFA Ripe Strawberry. I like mostly fruit flavors. Almost always when I create a new juice I start with about 20 ml to sample and make adjustments before making a larger batch because it usually needs refinement. I also have a basic calculator I built in Google Sheets that calculates all the ml & drops needed after entering target total volume and % flavors & base which is a big help. The first attempt at Strawberry Melon Heaven v1 and it's perfect, no it's actually heavenly for me! It hasn't even steeped yet so will likely get better. This BLOWS AWAY the VapeWild Strawberry Waterfelons I purchased countless 240ml orders of prior to starting DIY juice.

FLAVORS
TFA Ripe Strawberry..........10.5%
CAP Sweet Watermelon......4.0%
FA Cantaloupe...................4.0%
TFA Sweetener..................1.6%
BASE
VG w/ 2.25% Nic..............71.4%
PG..................................8.5%

I end up with about 1.6% Nic, 71/29 VG.

Enjoy!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Just got another assortment of flavors from Bull City (great prices and service) including CAP Sweet Watermelon and FA Cantaloupe which I just mixed with my TFA Ripe Strawberry. I like mostly fruit flavors. Almost always when I create a new juice I start with about 20 ml to sample and make adjustments before making a larger batch because it usually needs refinement. I also have a basic calculator I built in Google Sheets that calculates all the ml & drops needed after entering target total volume and % flavors & base which is a big help. The first attempt at Strawberry Melon Heaven v1 and it's perfect, no it's actually heavenly for me! It hasn't even steeped yet so will likely get better. This BLOWS AWAY the VapeWild Strawberry Waterfelons I purchased countless 240ml orders of prior to starting DIY juice.

FLAVORS
BASE

Enjoy!

That sounds delicious! Will give it a go with my next mix session. Thanks

Reactions: NatashaTMT

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
If you have a recipe you like, but think the overall flavor content is too high, the important thing is to maintain the ratio of each flavor concentrate to all the other flavor concentrates. This preserve the flavor profile balance. An easy way to do this is to create a flavor-only base. For @Cas002's recipe it would look like this:

TFA Ripe Strawberry...........52.24% (10.5<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.522388)
CAP Sweet Watermelon......19.90% (4.0<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.199005)
FA Cantaloupe....................19.90% (4.0<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.199005)
TFA Sweetener.....................7.96% (1.6<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.079601)
(Total...............................100.00%)

I can make any volume of this flavor base. If I wanted to make a batch at the original strength of Cas' recipe; I would use 20.1% flavor base, to my base ingredients (PG, VG, nic), because this was the total flavoring percentage of the original recipe. But, I can also just as easily use it at 15%, or 10%, or whatever other percentage I wanted to try, all while preserving the original integrity of the flavor ratios and not have to recalculate my new percentages each time.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If you have a recipe you like, but think the overall flavor content is too high, the important thing is to maintain the ratio of each flavor concentrate to all the other flavor concentrates. This preserve the flavor profile balance. An easy way to do this is to create a flavor-only base. For @Cas002's recipe it would look like this:

TFA Ripe Strawberry...........52.24% (10.5<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.522388)
CAP Sweet Watermelon......19.90% (4.0<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.199005)
FA Cantaloupe....................19.90% (4.0<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.199005)
TFA Sweetener.....................7.96% (1.6<orig. % used> ÷ 20.1<original total flavor %> = 0.079601)

I can make any volume of this flavor base. If I wanted to make a batch at the original strength of Cas' recipe; I would use 20.1% flavor base, to my base ingredients (PG, VG, nic), because this was the total flavoring percentage of the original recipe. But, I can also just as easily use it at 15%, or 10%, or whatever other percentage I wanted to try, all while preserving the original integrity of the flavor ratios and not have to recalculate my new percentages each time.
This is what I've been playing with. Some work great and in others I've found one flavor may fade or overwhelm. Trial and error should be the diy motto. Oh so sweet when you get a win tho, eh?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
and in others I've found one flavor may fade or overwhelm
Good point! Using a flavor base like I described above is only useful if it has the correct balance. If a person needs to tweak "this up" or "that down" a flavor base is not helpful.
Trial and error should be the diy motto. Oh so sweet when you get a win tho, eh?
I couldn't agree more!:D

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

FLAVORS
BASE

Enjoy!

I have Mixed a LOT of Fruit Blends over the Years. And if I had to pick One Flavoring that Blends the Best with other Fruit Flavors, it would definitely be Strawberry. It just Goes Well with So Many Things.

It is also a Forgiving Flavor when it comes to How Much is used. Which makes it Nice when doing a New Flavor work-up.

Cas002

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2018
Omaha NE

It never even occurred to me to do this...makes perfect sense once you have a killer recipe for daily vaping. It should also make the results more consistent since there will be slight variations in flavor ratios each time it's mixed up in your la-bora-tory. Great idea - thanks @IDJoel!

@Letitia - Yeah, this was my biggest single-trial DIY juice win and it feels great. I hope to post more recipe successes very soon. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread