strong vg flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
I've been vaping about four months now, and can't seem to shake analogs completely. I've realized this is probably due to not being able to inhale most of my purchased juices. At 70pg/30vg i get great flavor, but choke up a lung if i even think about inhaling. So in researching around here, I'm thinking a higher vg juice will get me where i want to be. At this point, my main concern is strong flavor. Throat hit is not a concern, i just don't want "subtle" or "delicate" flavor. Can anyone point me to vendors that can do 50/50 or higher vg with that slap-yo-momma taste?? Thanks much in advance!

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
I have quite a few juices at 50/50 for the same reason. I've found mixing weaker juices with stronger ones works at all.
Vade dudes pumpkin cheesecake is good flavored at 50/50. ECblends blueberry cheese cake, and honeydew are also good at 50/50. I've noticed too nic over like 12 mg really kills my throat as well.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Thanks for info :) I have been looking at Vape Dudes, as well as Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Highbrow. I'm at 18 nic currently, i didn't know nic strength affected throat hit.. Hmm.. DIY is looking better all the time...

i have no idea if it really does. but i know 80/20 12mg juices are fine for me, but 80/20 16mg are harsh. could be the juices, but this is just what i've found with me

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Look for vendors that offer extra flavor and, try flavors with a bitter edge to them, they usually come out more in VG than tame flavors and, you really don't taste the bitter edge in the final mix, it's just that high VG mixes seem to need that to make the real flavor pop out. (Maybe a bit like the bitter tannins and oak make the fruity and herbal notes pop out in a good wine.)

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI
I've tried several vendors that allow you to select different PG/VG mixes and "extra", double or even triple flavor. I also need strong flavor, so I always choose that option and from all the variations I've tried (lots!), it seems to me that nic level is FAR more important than VG/PG mix as far as throat hit. I also haven't really noticed much difference in flavor between different VG/PG mixes (though always ordering extra flavor might be why). For example, I recently tried the exact same flavors from one vendor in a 60/40 PG/VG mix right after completely devouring them in no time from a 70/30 VG/PG mix, just to see if there was a difference and frankly, I haven't noticed any difference between the two batches at all except the newer batch (higher PG) is maybe a little bit thicker. Taste & TH is the same.

Gourmet Vapor - lets you select regular, double or triple flavor and your own custom PG/VG blend anywhere from 100% of one to 100% of the other (in 10% increments)

Kick Bass Vapor - lets you select either 60/40 PG/VG blend or 70/30 VG/PG blend and regular or double flavor

Both Pink Spot Vapor and Heather's Heavenly Vapes will allow you to select extra flavor (and extra sweetener with HHV, not sure about PSV) in the comment box when you order even though it's not specifically mentioned when you're looking at the flavor descriptions. I think they have different PG/VG mix options as well but can't recall for sure.

I'm sure there are other vendors that offer these options as well. These are just the first that came to mind for me because KBV is my favorite overall, Gourmet Vapor also has some winners for me and I recently ordered from HHV and PSV.

As far as throat hit, despite being a (former) very heavy smoker (2+ PPD Marlboro 100 reds for 25 yrs), I can't handle the throat hit of anything more than 12 mg. Turns out, that's enough nicotine overall (for me) because I chain vape just like I used to chain smoke. :)

QUOTE=BlueMoods;10363547]Look for vendors that offer extra flavor and, try flavors with a bitter edge to them, they usually come out more in VG than tame flavors and, you really don't taste the bitter edge in the final mix, it's just that high VG mixes seem to need that to make the real flavor pop out. (Maybe a bit like the bitter tannins and oak make the fruity and herbal notes pop out in a good wine.)[/QUOTE]

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Thank you for the great info everyone! Now, where did i put that disposable income?? Lol...
Ok one more question.... If I'm getting a higher vg juice, am i killing any advantage by sticking with the higher nic?
Are you direct inhaling? Or are you drawing into your mouth then inhaling? Direct inhaling is pretty harsh to many people, and taking the vapor into your mouth first definitely knocks off the edge. You also may have a sensitivity to PG, which is quite common. Definitely try a small bottle of 100% VG at 18mg, it might be all you need. Also consider trying 12mg, but you may need to vape more often.

As others have said, most of the throat hit comes from the nicotine. PG transmits flavor better than VG, but many vendors add more flavoring to compensate for higher VG%. Some of them also add something to increase throat hit, not sure what it is, but I know they do it. I've had juice from different vendors with the same nic, same PG/VG, but some have much more throat hit. Some also use more flavoring in all of their juices, while some allow you to add more flavor when you order. I'd love to give some recommendations on vendors with strong flavor 100% VG juices, but the experience tends to vary from person to person. Just read lots of reviews and try a few, that's really the only way to figure out what is going to work best for you.

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
I have tried both ways of inhaling, and found i can only take most juices that i have into my mouth. One flavor lets me inhale, but i wake up in the morning in a bad way...
I'm pretty happy with my setup atm, a couple of ego twists with either a protank or evod... Started out with high resistance (2.5) attys, but today tried a1.8 with my protank and was surprised at difference in flavor! Lower voltage, faster hits, and better taste... Win win win!
So i have a couple juices in my cart at Vape Dudes, 50/50 with two @ 16mg and two @ 11 (or 12? I forget). Hoping these will get me going the right way :vapor:

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
Perhaps, I can throw something into this that hasn't already been mentioned. You didn't say what delivery system you were using.

I find that all things being equal, a mechanical will give you a stronger hit than an ego. A VV even more so. Of course we're talking about a standard issue atty, cart, tank, clearo, etc.

That being said, the nic level makes the biggest difference to me. I've been leaning toward more vg because I prefer the vapor to the throat hit. BUT, I still have 80/20, 50/50 etc. juice I have on hand in 0mg, 6mg, and 12mg. I don't notice much difference between 0 and
6mg, but I can really tell the difference when I get a big hit from the 12mg.

Also, steeping will improve the flavor of just about any juice. It can make awful juice vapable, and you will notice subtle flavor changes in your favorites. I've even found you can mix something horrible with something else less horrible and come up with something you can at least vape. (I don't like throwing juice away)

If it still tastes nasty, I have friends that aren't as fussy as I am. Especially if it's free.

Last edited:

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
Check out Velvet Cloud Vapor. 100% organic VG and all the flavors Ive tried have been strong super tasty. I can vouch for White Beard, Night Shift and Mewlews Magic. All delicious.

I also second the suggestion to look into diy. I mix max VG exclusively. The pg I have in my vape chest is some of my flavors.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've been vaping about four months now, and can't seem to shake analogs completely. I've realized this is probably due to not being able to inhale most of my purchased juices. At 70pg/30vg i get great flavor, but choke up a lung if i even think about inhaling. So in researching around here, I'm thinking a higher vg juice will get me where i want to be. At this point, my main concern is strong flavor. Throat hit is not a concern, i just don't want "subtle" or "delicate" flavor. Can anyone point me to vendors that can do 50/50 or higher vg with that slap-yo-momma taste?? Thanks much in advance!

Try clove flavour?

It aint subtle or delicate.

Ah love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread