Stuck clearo on iTaste MVP...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
I've noticed that some clearos are a bit fudgey when putting them on or taking taking them off my MVP....I have to fiddle with the beauty ring to get some clearos to come off, while some go on or off with no problem at all. This is the case with the CE4s, CE 5s, and iClear 16s that have been used with my MVP.

Well today I bought a no-name clearo at a a local vape shop, put it on with no issues, but now its stuck. I don't want to force it off and possibly break the clearo....any advice from any of the MVP owners out there and/or veteran vapers? Heres my "help! I'm stuck!" vid that I just put up on YouTube... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0mpxge5fTI

~Restita

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I suspect that they are going on a little too tight to begin with and then during use, the plastic tank heats up and after plastic is heated and it cools, the base will get smaller. When you get away from those plastic clearos, you will not have that problem anymore. My thoughts anyway.

I have an MVP and used the plastic clearos before I learned what better vaping was like. I had a couple get a bit stuck with me when I was a new user. Remember, you don't have to put them on tight. In fact its best not to.

EDIT.. I'm wrong about the base heating up, Just watched the video, your using top coiled clearos, I wasn't thinking.

Last edited:

yellowxboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Southern California, USA
ah this happened to me once with the beauty ring + iClear16. i mistakenly over tightened and everything got stuck.

I ended up taking a paperclip and making an "U" shape. Then on the ends i bent them to "L" as hooks. I then used it to hook onto the 2 iClear16 holes and twisted counter-clock wise to loosen it. it took a lot of force.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
ah this happened to me once with the beauty ring + iClear16. i mistakenly over tightened and everything got stuck.

I ended up taking a paperclip and making an "U" shape. Then on the ends i bent them to "L" as hooks. I then used it to hook onto the 2 iClear16 holes and twisted counter-clock wise to loosen it. it took a lot of force.

Eek....force! That's a cool idea but how can I get to the holes with the beauty ring in the way? I

~Restita

yellowxboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Southern California, USA
Luckily for me I was able to remove the top part of the iclear16 to get into the gap to find the hole. Obviously yours is a different situation :/ whoops.

Are you able to loosen the beauty right? Maybe loosen it to align up to the clero hole and see if the paper clip can go thru both holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread