stuck on watts or volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdfield

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Mass
Hi, I am using a Ibtanked 19mm xl with a 2 hole 2.0 ohm single coil carto
I am just wondering if anyone who might use these can throw out any numbers in volts or watts
Im having a difficult time and dont wanna burn out the carto
In watts I have running 8.5 and with volts I am using the ohm plus 2 which is running about 4 volts
Still seems kinda on the weak side but like i said i dont wanna go to high
thanks for any input

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The 4 volts translate into 8.0 watts, if you went to 4.1 volts it would be closer to 8.4 watts. Best way to measure is with taste, whatever tastes best. You can increase the watts or volts one click at a time to find your own personal sweet spot..:) What level you like can also vary dependent on the flavors you use, some are better a bit warmer, some not so much...:vapor:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Im having a difficult time - Still seems kinda on the weak side.
Is the "difficult time"... that the flavor is on the "weak side"? Although it would be easy to assume that any juice in any carto will work great as long as you have the correct chart power values for the resistance... sometimes that assumption can be off the mark.

You don't say what brand of carto. Because differing brands use different wicking materials with differing rates of absorption, these features can have a role to play for best power settings.
The PG/VG ration of juice can play a role as well, with some requiring less, and more frequently, more power than what a chart dictates.

In other words... "The chart" is often only a (very) loose guide rather than a hard rule. Thankfully, cartos are only about a buck twenty or less a pop, so if you smoke one, unless it's your last carto :ohmy: ... it's no great loss.

TMills

Mar 26, 2014
United States
IMO sometimes we nock it up because it feels like it needs more power to create a better hit. With some juices I have found to back it down a little take a slower drag for a longer amount of time and let the coil burn a little longer.
A longer ignition of the coil sometimes burns the juice at a longer period giving rise to a more subtle flavor or even a better more full flavor.
Its all in the juice and how you use it.
VAPE ON

mrdfield

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Mass
I'm using Smok tech carts and to explain a little further my difficult time is that yes the hit seems weak I use bobas bounty in one tank and halo Tribecca in the other I seem to have the same results I just don't wanna go to high I am looking for a decent throat hit and good flavor
Thank you all for taking the time to respond much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I think smoktech works best with 70/30 pg vg ratio. It is what i use. I use 50/50 in bcc.
People love to tell you what they like better but forget that what you vape has an important roll.
Ikenvape didnt work so good for me. I wanted to love them although i havnt tried them with 50/50 yet.
Bobas is 100%vg isnt it? It may be as simple as making a bigger hole.
Tribecca should be i. The 70/30 range.
I change cartos lately about once every 3-5 days.
If you havnt changed it in a few days try that.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
I barely ever use cartos anymore, but I used to use Boge 2.0 almost exclusively. I typically ran then at 4.2 volts, but I've ran them as high as 4.7volts, depending on the juice. I've ran Boba's in them no prob using 2 punch holes, but the Smoktech tend to feed better since the watting is packed looser in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread