Sub Ohm + Silica or Cotton = Dry Throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I recently went from 30ga kanthal to 28ga for my dual coil .8 ohms set up...the vapor was hotter but the same amount as 30ga however I lost flavor substantially and it was much harsher....needless to say im back at 30ga and LOVING IT!!!

what did you do differently with the 28g?

you may need to open up your airholes. and after that possibly reduce your nic.

natedawgdaboss

Aug 29, 2013
El Paso, TX
I should have mentioned that I drilled out the original airhole and made another on the otherside for dual coils... 1/16 drill bit...only real difference was the 30ga was .7ohms and the 28ga was .8ohms I believe.
nic level might level might be the issue
edit:
just made .6ohm 28ga dual coil and though still hot my flavor is exceptonal now!

Last edited:

BIGJ541

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
EUGENE OREGON >> GO DUCKS!!
Play on words: If you're doing it right, there's no need to go sub-ohm :)

Honestly. I don't get all the hype about sub-ohm. With a properly wrapped coil, I've never had the need to go below 1-ohm-ever.

if you don't sub ohm and don't agree with it. why post in this thread? I love sum ohm and don't vape another way and its my life so I think I will keep it up. Thanks =)

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Play on words: If you're doing it right, there's no need to go sub-ohm :)

Honestly. I don't get all the hype about sub-ohm. With a properly wrapped coil, I've never had the need to go below 1-ohm-ever.
Read: Subjectivity.

OP, try 100% VG. I had to do this when I got big boy gear/went sub ohm. TH is not an issue when you throw good power around.
Granted, I use .7 ribbon.

EDIT: Just read of your disdain for all VG. I don't get that whole flavor thing. There is nothing left behind, you vape whats there...so add more flavor if you feel that way?! I get smackin' flavor from widened airholes and fat wire...oh, and flavorful juice.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Ranic85

Moved On
Sep 12, 2013
Earth
I love my sub-ohm build. Running a Nimbus dual coil at .3 ohms. Using MNKE 20 AMP batteries. Is it safe? I think so, only pulling 13 amps at full charge. I am still well under the 20 amp limit. Just to be safe, I disconnect my atomizer when I am not vaping on it. Also have chain vaped on it for a few minutes, pulled the MNKE battery out. Doesn't even get warm.

I don't quite understand all the hate toward sub-ohm. Can it be dangerous? Sure if you throw in the wrong batteries not rated for high amp limits. I am using 7/64th dual air holes and get massive clouds. To all those who say flavor dies, they have no idea what they are talking about.

It is all about education. Know your battery limits, be safe, and keep on vaping!

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
I disconnect my atomizer when I am not vaping on it.
I don't quite understand all the hate toward sub-ohm. Can it be dangerous? Sure if you throw in the wrong batteries not rated for high amp limits. I am using 7/64th dual air holes and get massive clouds. To all those who say flavor dies, they have no idea what they are talking about.

It is all about education. Know your battery limits, be safe, and keep on vaping!
This.
Mainly the disconnect the circuit/device for added peace of mind. Seconded by the flavor comment. The flavor is in the vapor...
Lastly, educate, and maintain good batteries/mind their physical condition.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

So you've never tried it and you don't get why people do it? OK, I get that :facepalm:

Back on topic The Yeti.

I'm curious if you had the same experience with clearos or anything else that uses silica?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Nope, not 'til I went sub-ohm. Granted, I haven't used a lot of clearos....I used a Vivi Nova for a bit a year or so ago, but that's about it.

You might be better off staying with SS for these builds then. EddieAdams uses SS in everything I think including RDA's. Check out the 5'th picture down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread