Subox mini C voltage cut off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I mean when does the kbox mini stop firing.. usually get low voltage or low battery warning. I think they just blink but same idea, what voltage does it stop working? SnowWolf 2.85v, evic vtc mini 3.11v, eleaf and wismec usually around 3.2v but kangertech has made a few that stop at 3.5v for no good reason really. Wondering if this one is 3.5v too or better 3.2v?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Well I shouldn't say 500 to 3.11v.. it wont fire that low on old batteries. Starts lowing watts and gets low battery warning (not cut off) around 3.3v on my 1 1/2 yr old 25r... they are my power outage back ups for the winter lol. And yes I store them around 3.7v so if my mod stopped at 3.5v they'd be useless.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well I shouldn't say 500 to 3.11v.. it wont fire that low on old batteries. Starts lowing watts and gets low battery warning (not cut off) around 3.3v on my 1 1/2 yr old 25r... they are my power outage back ups for the winter lol. And yes I store them around 3.7v so if my mod stopped at 3.5v they'd be useless.
old batteries are by definition dangerous. voltage sag is Baaad. you do not one of those things to turn into a road flare on your desk.

• Agree

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah I've been talking to him about once a month for a couple years. He said they were fine... I'd say they have dropped maybe 20% capacity. Its more about how you use them then how long. I gave him all the specs of them and he has seen much older/larger sags. They drop about 0.05v overnight after charging, still get about 1300 secs @ 16w with them so one more xmas is fine. If it was sagging even 0.2v it would cut off not show low battery.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Gotta love company responses, asked about kbox mini c... "do you meam the subox mini c?". No subox mini c is a the whole kit... don't even know the name of their own product. Guessing it will be like every other chinese company... just keep responding with dumb questions and answers till you give up or they just ignore you.

• Optimistic

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Turned out to be 3.3v... not bad. It looks expensive but feels really cheap... tiny plastic buttons, small screen. Other then that it's great, $25 with a $9 tank so for a $16 mod it is very nice lol. One of the few mods my long pin tanks almost sit flush on too. May grab another one before they discontinue them. 22mm single 18650 with magnetic doors are getting hard to find, all 25mm with dumb hinges now or Pico knock offs that are short but wider in the hand then some 2 battery mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread