Subtank mini problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

papler

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Switzerland
The Subtank is prone to leaking when it's lying on its side. You should always make sure that the Subtank is more or less in an upright position.

That's why I don't carry the Subtank around anymore. Everytime it moved in my bag or pocket and came to lie on its side I had a mess... Still love to vape on it just only at home where I don't need to carry it around all the time.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
The STm's are a solid tank, I use 2 exclusively and I never have any leaking, though I also use the RBA V2 in both of mine. I have used the OCC heads in the past, still never had any leaks, but historically pre-built coils can be very hit and miss.

What wattage are you vaping at and what air airflow setting are you using? Those settings should also be adjusted based on the OCC you are using. It is possible you are drawing too much liquid into the coil and not burning it off fast enough, if you are on a tight AF and low watts.

Like I said, I use the RBA and build my coils at 1.2Ω with my AF set on the smallest setting with the mod set to 20.5 watts. Perfect vape for me, never leaks, even when it has been on it's side for an extended amount of time (30+ minutes).

SVrider

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Vermont, USA
I think RandyF made a good point about the air hole setting and wattage your vaping at maybe being a cause of flooding. I use the rba deck(both V1 and V2)with builds at .65Ω and normally at 18 watts with the largest air hole and i never ever have a problem with flooding or leaking of any kind. I leave it on its side quite a bit, carry it in my black motorcycle jacket while riding and still never have any flooding. The one problem i do have sometimes is the spitting juice into my mouth but im starting to think that is either how i wick or how hard i draw from it while vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread