Subtank Ni200 OCC coils and DNA 40 Wattage Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
What settings should i use for my DNA40 mod with Kanger Subtank Ni200 coils? Just got it in and turned the watts up to 34 and temp protection to 500. I usually get 2 or 3 seconds at that wattage then it drops way down before the temperature protection kicks in. I feel like i'm missing something here. Is it me or is this whole temperature protection thing a gimmick

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
TP is not a gimmick, it works. IT just takes some getting used to is all. Bump your Temp down a bit and the same with your watts.

You have to look at is a new technology, not like a wattage adjustment where you use power to get the vape where you want it. Think of it as setting the temp inside your home. You set your thermostat and it provides the power it needs until you reach your setting. It will surge in power, then quickly go down, then start to rise again. If it rises too quickly, it will shut power down because the temp has been met. In a tank, this is more likely caused by how fast the coil can get wicking. Not enough and it will over heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread