Suddenly, cannot post new thread, or reply to threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Been using a Chromebook since forever to post and create threads here. suddenly, the forum will allow neither. I get this when I try to post a new thread:

screen.jpg

When I scroll to the bottom of a thread to reply, the forum intermittently does not give me a box to type a message. If I select more options, I get a page that looks very much like the one above.

I'm posting this from my doggedly-slow windows laptop.

Help???

Is this a forum issue - is work still being done to the new layout behind the scenes?

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Been using a Chromebook since forever to post and create threads here. suddenly, the forum will allow neither. I get this when I try to post a new thread:

View attachment 697481

When I scroll to the bottom of a thread to reply, the forum intermittently does not give me a box to type a message. If I select more options, I get a page that looks very much like the one above.

I'm posting this from my doggedly-slow windows laptop.

Help???

Is this a forum issue - is work still being done to the new layout behind the scenes?
Disable your ABP/ad blocker.
I have had to "tweak" some of my settings in UblockO.
upload_2017-11-1_20-34-34.jpeg

Cheers
I

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
It's fine now.

When it happens - I refresh, close my browser, reboot but nothing seems to work. And its random. Like now, I opened a browser window and it let me respond.

I assumed that it might be some work being done to the forum as I never had this happen in the four years I've been here, using a Chromebook.

Reactions: Letitia

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I'm having problems, using Chrome, and ublock Origin. Went this morning to the battery threads to post a question, and can't do it. Also hovering over the alerts button doesn't bring up the alerts either. The problems here seem to be getting worse. Hitting the refresh button doesn't help at all.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Just to let you know that we are trying to work out what's causing this. Please continue to post if you see the error. I've made some tweaks and not seen it for a couple of days, but others seem to still be seeing it.

Also, we're migrating servers next week, so that's the main priority right now. Will make ECF much zippier, but is delaying resolving this current problem.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't start a new thread to wish @Oliver good luck with the server move in a couple of hours but hope it goes well. :toast: Having problems with all of the above except I never got verified (thought I'd save money) so never sold anything. Good luck with that @oplholik. By tomorrow afternoon you may owe the buyer money.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread