Suggest a second VV/VW mod to a relatively new vaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
So I've been enjoying an Innokin SVD for about 6 weeks now, and despite a few technical issues lately, have really been enjoying the experience. So much so that I'm already thinking about picking up a different mod just to compare/contrast how a different mod would be.

I've heard pretty good thinks about the Vamo (although my understanding is that it's essentially the same hardware as the SVD besides form factor) and the MVP.

Are mechanical mods a decent choice for someone like me? I like having the ability to change voltage/wattage but it seems that mechanicals are super popular around here.

My budget isn't huge, but if there are good choices out there for under $100 USD, feel free to drop a suggestion (as well as possible vendors) and I'll check it out!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I wouldn't suggest a mechanical to anyone who would like another vv/vw or vv or vw device...unless you wanted to "Kick" it. :)

Personally, I'd wait a few weeks......new gear is coming out all the time and there is sure to be plenty of new pickins in the fall. If you want something now, love heavy and tall, get a vamo/vamo clone. It is my understanding that the SVD has qualities that would make the SVD a better device, but I can't expand on that info.

Another very popular and versatile model has been the MVP. The MVPII is taller with an additional feature or two.

Take this time to look at what features you want in a device. Size, look, shape, etc. And, don't forget to consider a provari. Since you are a verified member, you can shop the classifieds. From time to time they are available in the price range you mention and truly are very durable, rugged and very reliable devices. Though not always noticeable the first day, the quality of vaping on the tried and true devices does shine through.

Last edited:

Gotahorse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Arizona
I agree. When I started vaping, my friend had the MVP. I went the ego route for about a month then bought an Mvp. Right after that I bought the Sigelei V3 and yesterday my Lavatube came. I love them all. Different shapes and sizes, all work as good as the other to me. Lavatube is huge and only adjusts volts as my MVP original does. I have no trouble with that. I agree about YOUTUbE reviews. I did alot of research there.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
MVP v2, loving mine. Great place to start, watch pbusardo and grimms review.

sounded like the force needed to push the button was a BIG down for pbusardo.... does seem it would get old in a hurry after the initial thrill of "newness" wore off.....

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
a dna-20 for a newbie ? whaaaat

why not? dna20 was my 2nd mod after my sigelei zmax telescoping flat top v3. now have 4 and love them all. they are actually easier for a beginner because they take a lot of guesswork out of the equation. it figures the resistance and automatically adjusts depending on the watts you choose. no more trying to match volts- nothing could be easier and its smooth as silk.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
MVP + 1. I had the first version (payed it forward to a new vapor close friend) and the flush button could at times be difficult to find by feel, but I didn't have a problem pressing it down. Version 2 apparently corrected the flush mount issue.

Two to three days on a charge; passthru option. Sturdy build. Comfortable in the hand. Classic look that won't attract attention like something from a head shop. Affordable. Pocket-friendly. What's not to like?

MVP V2.jpg Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I went from an EGO C-twist to a Smoktech Zmax. I like it, but as it's my first relatively advanced mod, I can't say that it's better or worse than any other.

What I found confusing is that there is SO much out there, and SO many models seem to have similar rave reviews and technology ( and people that don't like it for one reason or another), I just basically picked one that had decent reviews, was in my budget, and went with it. Did I make the right choice? Maybe. It works, I know how to use it, and it keeps me from smoking analogs.

Is it the right choice for you? I don't know, honestly. It might be.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
The quest is over!

I ended up going with the iTaste VV Express 3.0 from Vaping Me since they had a good discount promo going on (also picked up a Kanger Protank II and some replacement coils). The MVP 2 was certainly tempting, but the portability (as well as the lower price) of the 3 really appealed to me. Seems to get good reviews, can be used as a passthrough and should work with every level of resistance no matter what tank combo I use.

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts, hopefully I made a good choice as my first alternate to my SVD. Every other device mentioned so far in this thread is on my radar now, so it's very possible I could be picking up one (or more) of them as time goes on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread