Suggestion for ego sized RBTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIEHLC

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Michigan
Hello ECF,

I've been dripping the past few weeks with a Innokin VF on an eVic Supreme mod and loving it so far.
I recently got a Kayfun Lite+ clone as well and now that I finally got it set up I'm loving it.

The only disadvantage to those is they are not very portable. There is only a few hours I am home a night, the rest I am sleeping, so most all of my vaping is done at work on breaks and stuff and driving.

My portable setup currently is an Innokin itaste V3, and an innokin Gladius tank, which is quite similar to the aerotank mini by kangertech.
Today though I decided to use an ego cone/beauty ring and just attached my Kayfun to the VV V3. It looks a little ridiculous but its kicking ....

So that being said I am looking for some suggestions on a smaller sized rebuildable tank. So far I have my sights on the Kayfun Mini, and a Taifun GS.
But I know there has to be some others that are somewhat decent.
When I get the money together I really want to get the amistique series Diver and Scuba, but that's a whole other class with cartos and cartotanks. Id just like a mini kayfun style or probably a genesis might be a better choice.

Anyone else been in this situation or have some thoughts?

Thanks folks.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Something to consider with an ego sized rebuildable is that you have a VERY small build deck.

I run a Stingray with a Smoktech RSBT tank and Caterpillar RDAs at home and usually take the RSBT/Stingray when I need to run into town..although when I don't want the added size I will take my Aro Winder with an Aspire Nova-S with BVC coils along instead...it's damn close in performance to a rebuildable and more portable if desired.

Just my 2 cents ;)

...Your mileage may vary :vapor:

DIEHLC

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Michigan
Something to consider with an ego sized rebuildable is that you have a VERY small build deck.

I run a Stingray with a Smoktech RSBT tank and Caterpillar RDAs at home and usually take the RSBT/Stingray when I need to run into town..although when I don't want the added size I will take my Aro Winder with an Aspire Nova-S with BVC coils along instead...it's damn close in performance to a rebuildable and more portable if desired.

Just my 2 cents ;)

...Your mileage may vary :vapor:
Thanks. Yeah this gladius I have is Pretty phenomenal as well, and because of the adjustable airflow I haven't been too satisfied with any clearo without it.

I have indeed been debating the BVC coils though, I hear some great things about them. Though I was thinking about getting the Aspire K1 or Davide glassomizers for them.

Do you have any issues with your Nova-S with airflow? I have a smoktech Vivi Nova a cheapo single coil. Its airflow is through the 510 connection which is spring loaded. Its very awkward. The problem I have with it is I basically have to unscrew it a bit from my battery as putting on a beauty ring cuts off most of its airflow except a tiny pin sized hole. Is that how the Nova-S is? Because I've also debated ebaying one of those too, but from my experience with the ViVi Nova I have steered clear.

And yeah I like to stick with a good preforming clearo or something, i dont plan to ever phase them out of my setup, but every now and then id just like a decent tank dripper or something to take with me.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
They changed the hole on the bottom (positive) pin to actually be through from side to side instead of on the bottom and for me anyway with it mounted on my Stingray or my ARO Winder it's the same..pretty doggone good for what it is. I do still prefer my RSBT with the adjustable airflow that I use for my ADV or my drippers if I'm feeling frisky but when I pick up the Nova-S for a menthol change of pace it's not too shabby at all (it's dedicated to my homebrew menthol).

I lung hit all the time and all I do is valve a little air in around the drip tip while taking a pull and it's pretty decent...way better than the BDC coils for sure.

DIEHLC

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Michigan
Yeah the kayfun mini and taifun gs are pretty much gaurenteed to join my collection at some point.

But idk. I giwss I was just looking for alternatives. I know of the DID, though can't find any of the clones, not sure why. But that's about it.

I was looking at the IGO-S. Looks like it has pretty bad reviews, but there is also some decent ones reviews. Generally though seems pretty hated. But that type of device looks perfect for some decent on the go dripping. It has a small tank reservoir under the build deck, but set up like a normal IGO dripper on top. Its almost similar to a genesis but not exactly. I may have to keep an eye out for a cheap one some day.

I'm just surprised there isn't many options out there. Seems like RDA fanatics may like a smaller rebuildable for when they are not at their home desk coming up with crazy coil setups and what not.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
For size there is only one recommendation I can make and that is the Sophia by leo. I really wanted something small and discreet but also a good vape. Sophia has it all. Great vape, very easy to customize, Tiny, Very decent price for what you get and a big thread on here for any tips and tricks. Check out by leo thread and there is a ton on there. I still use the sophia and I have had it practically since it came out. Now I have a rotation of the Erlkonigin and sophia.

jacobgh

Oct 2, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks. Yeah this gladius I have is Pretty phenomenal as well, and because of the adjustable airflow I haven't been too satisfied with any clearo without it.

I have indeed been debating the BVC coils though, I hear some great things about them. Though I was thinking about getting the Aspire K1 or Davide glassomizers for them.

Do you have any issues with your Nova-S with airflow? I have a smoktech Vivi Nova a cheapo single coil. Its airflow is through the 510 connection which is spring loaded. Its very awkward. The problem I have with it is I basically have to unscrew it a bit from my battery as putting on a beauty ring cuts off most of its airflow except a tiny pin sized hole. Is that how the Nova-S is? Because I've also debated ebaying one of those too, but from my experience with the ViVi Nova I have steered clear.

And yeah I like to stick with a good preforming clearo or something, i dont plan to ever phase them out of my setup, but every now and then id just like a decent tank dripper or something to take with me.

I run an Aspire Nautilus Mini on a Vision Spinner II with the BVC, and I love it!

DIEHLC

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Michigan
Have heard good things about the nautilus mini bvc. I would like to get some myself at some point too. I have the kayfun mini and also taifun Gs. I prefer the mini over the taifun but I would have liked to try the taifun with Rayon or KGD but have since let it go. Still if you want a superior mini vape get a sophia:blink:
Yeah I would love the Sophia. Ever looked into atmistiques diver and scuba and/or grail?

What's KGD?

And yeah I have also decided on the Euphoria which is a clone of Penelope by GG. Looks pretty fantastic.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
You really can't go wrong with a sophia. Many people are fanatical about them. But in this huge world of vaping there are many good devices to chose from. Since I have had the sophia I never looked at the atmisiques but they have a large following too.

KGD is short for Koh gen doh organic cotton. Pretty similar to rayon in its wicking properties. I found the taifun gs a great vape when I got it wicking right so would have liked to try it again with rayon or kgd as they wick better than normal cotton and kgd at least is very easy to work with. Let us know what you get in the end and good luck with your vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread