Suggestions anyone????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsark

Feb 16, 2010
New Hampshire
Ok, so I thought that I had made my mind up on what I was going to get, then someone mentioned that the batteries on the 510 only hold a charge for a short amount of time which would get old real fast.

At this point I think the only thing I have made my mind up on is that I want to stay away from cartomizers. I don't like the idea that I keep having to buy something that I can fill myself.

I'm just starting out so economy is also a factor. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that I may not end up using.

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Ok, so I thought that I had made my mind up on what I was going to get, then someone mentioned that the batteries on the 510 only hold a charge for a short amount of time which would get old real fast.

At this point I think the only thing I have made my mind up on is that I want to stay away from cartomizers. I don't like the idea that I keep having to buy something that I can fill myself.

I'm just starting out so economy is also a factor. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that I may not end up using.

Well, 30 days in and both my bats are still going strong on my 510's and with a PCC its no big thing. My suggestion is to purchase a disposable ecig to see if you like it first.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
I have the 510. I have a passthrough coming, no in-line battery. You can get a wall to USB and car to USB adapters and the PCC and you're set. I rotate three batts but I used to smoke 2-3 packs a day but after 6 days I"m still smoke free. I am using 18mg as that's all I have but have 24s on the way. Maybe I won't have to vape as often then. Vaping every 10-15 min now.

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I love my 510, but the battery life isn't the best. Still, mine last about 2 hours each, and I have 4 in rotation, so 3 are always in charging mode, ready to go as soon as number 1 konks out.
One day I will update to a mod, but for now I'm sticking with my 510.
And if money is an issue for you like it is for me, the 510 is very affordable.

Cali

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Arkansas

Just FYI cartos are refillable. For some reason they've been marketed as one tiem usage but i have yet to have one stop working and i'm up to 12 refills on one carto in particular (it's my control i guess to see how long they will last)

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan

I don't see that anyone else has mentioned it, but you can refill cartomizers.....there are several threads explaining how and some are quite easy....

lightinup

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
If you want a PV that looks close to an analog, the 510 will do the trick. The regular battery's will last me around 1.5 hours each. The mega battery's will last me approximately 2 - 2.5 each. Please note though that the mega batt's will not fit into the PCC. The 510 has great vapor and TH. The Tornado is awesome. The battery life for me is around 8 hours or longer, great vapor and TH as well. I certainly wouldn't shy away from the 510 because of the battery. It is probably one of the best ecig's out there IMHO.

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
As others have mentioned, cartomizers can be refilled. But if you still like the sound of the 510 better, except for the battery life problems, you could still buy it and then upgrade to mega batteries or an eGo/Tornado once you've decided you like it.

I know nothing about the mega batteries, and I'm not vaping full time yet, but I'm quite happy with my eGo and don't think you'd have any complaints about the battery life. :) With either the mega batteries or the eGo, you wouldn't have to buy a whole new kit because they work with the atties and carts from the 510.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread