Suggestions for a brass mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
26650 mods are becoming more and more popular. The only downside is there are not many RDA/RBA's that fit nicely on top of them. They are coming out with some 28mm RBA's and RDA's now. I believe the TOBH has been made 28 mm... The kayfun lite plus is being made into a 28mm and there is a 28mm Fogger v4. The batteries do last a very very long time but can be a pain in the ... to fit in a charger as well. Don't even think they will fit inside of a Nitecore i2 charger.

Also, you might want to look into if there is a magnetic switch for the king mod.

Edit: FatDaddyVapes sells the King v2 magnetic switch upgrade for $8.99... now its not necessary but it is a bit better than stock springs in most devices.

Damn, there goes another 50 bucks flyin out of my pocket. I think I'll wait a bit first. I think I'll probably need a new charger as well.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Damn, there goes another 50 bucks flyin out of my pocket. I think I'll wait a bit first. I think I'll probably need a new charger as well.

Well I'm not 100% sure that it won't work... I've heard that you can only charge 2 in the nitecore i4 because of the size, but like I said not sure if it will work. Ask somebody who has it.

Just wait for a 26650 nemesis mod! :D

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Well I'm not 100% sure that it won't work... I've heard that you can only charge 2 in the nitecore i4 because of the size, but like I said not sure if it will work. Ask somebody who has it.

Just wait for a 26650 nemesis mod! :D

I have an efest charger and the 18650's and 18350's just fit perfectly.

TheMo

Verified Member
May 12, 2014
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thats insane! I didn't even realize 101 Vape had those. I regularly check their site. At least alittle more variety is added to the mix. If I ever bought a 26650 mod, it would stay put right on my desk. No way that would leave the house with me. The 18650 mode is as far as I will go....as of now.

You're not kidding...just two new ones release this weekend...now we have the Hades, Big Nasty, Stingray, and these two
Mutant 26650 Mod Clone - 101 Vape
Helmsman 26650 Mod by Hcigar - 101 Vape

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Thats insane! I didn't even realize 101 Vape had those. I regularly check their site. At least alittle more variety is added to the mix. If I ever bought a 26650 mod, it would stay put right on my desk. No way that would leave the house with me. The 18650 mode is as far as I will go....as of now.

I think its the same height as a 18650 just wider... just think of it as stuffing a cucumber in your pocket ;)

TheMo

Verified Member
May 12, 2014
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I think its the same height as a 18650 just wider... just think of it as stuffing a cucumber in your pocket ;)

That's not a feeling I would want.

On another note, my stingray from Tobeco got here today. Brass finish is better than the nemi, magnetic switch is great and the throw is very very short which I like. Just have to make sure to use the lock ring, very sensitive. I'll prob use it every now and then when out and about but will still use the nemi the majority of the time. The stingray is just too pretty compared to the nemi.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I finally got it. It took a whole week, but it got delivered today! So far, I really like it a lot. It looks good and works great. At first I thought the button was kind of strange till I figured out I could adjust it. I got it adjusted and it works sweet. Much better than the old K100 I had. AT least as far as the button goes. Vapor is good and so is the flavor. The flavor is not quite as good as my Provari, but the vapor production seems to be just as good. The only problem I see with the device is the knurled end cap at the bottom. It's rough, really rough. To the point that I'll probably get irritated with the way it rubs against my pinky when I hit the button. I might end up sanding it down and polishing it a little bit. But other than that, it's great.

Attachments

• IMAG0027[1].jpg
    IMAG0027[1].jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 21

nclobo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
Durham, NC
I finally got it. It took a whole week, but it got delivered today! So far, I really like it a lot. It looks good and works great. At first I thought the button was kind of strange till I figured out I could adjust it. I got it adjusted and it works sweet. Much better than the old K100 I had. AT least as far as the button goes. Vapor is good and so is the flavor. The flavor is not quite as good as my Provari, but the vapor production seems to be just as good. The only problem I see with the device is the knurled end cap at the bottom. It's rough, really rough. To the point that I'll probably get irritated with the way it rubs against my pinky when I hit the button. I might end up sanding it down and polishing it a little bit. But other than that, it's great.

I got mine on Friday. Liking it a lot. It's well built, solid. Already starting to patina nicely. The switch works really well and the knurling doesn't bother me at all. I do see what you mean about it being rough on the edges though. I like being able to stand it on end without it firing. Only problem I've had is getting it to fire consistently with a kick. But then most of my mods have kick issues except for the Astro.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I got mine on Friday. Liking it a lot. It's well built, solid. Already starting to patina nicely. The switch works really well and the knurling doesn't bother me at all. I do see what you mean about it being rough on the edges though. I like being able to stand it on end without it firing. Only problem I've had is getting it to fire consistently with a kick. But then most of my mods have kick issues except for the Astro.

I liking mine a lot too. The only problem is the contact screw on the bottom cap. It keeps turning slightly making the button unusable until I remove the cap and readjust the screw. I think I'm going to put a dab of silicon on the threads to keep it from turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread