Suggestions for a new box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
After looking around for several days and reading way too many threads. I humbly submit this to you mighty overlords of vapedom. ;)

I am currently looking for a VV or VW tin style mod. I don't care if it's VV or VW. I would post this in the apv section but everyone is currently busy arguing about which is better :facepalm:. Budget is not really a issue. Quality, basic protection circuits and the ability to use a single battery, preferably an 18650, are my main limiters. It can be in an mint box or milled solid brass or a wood shoe I don't care about the ascetics. (huh... a shoe mod... Patent pending :p)

I've looked at the dual 18650 tins and don't like the idea of stacked 18650's. If this is irrational please advise.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Boden

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
My all time favorite box mod for ergonomics and feel, was the Janty/Joye stick - I esp. liked the V3 matte black version - real nice look. However, performance wise it just didn't stand up - a week 10440 batt and a default 810 connection. You could get adapters to run a 510 or 901 but the battery was the weak link, imo. I've been looking for something similar ever since and I think I found it. It's the Vapage Vmod 2.0. Now that has a 14500 batt in it plus it's a bottom feeder - all in one nice little package. There is the Vmod XL which houses the 18650 with an even bigger juice bottle inside. For my flavors - it all starts with flavors once you find the ones you like forever :D .... and for mine, I don't need any more power or time than what a 14500 does. Others may need an 18650 and I can understand that.

While I never had the XL, I'm fairly certain that the basics are the same - screw in bottle, total mechanical switch, the 'innards' are held in by a cone screw that goes over the driptip and holds the shell on. There is nothing that I don't like about it. I also have a Reo mini which I also love but the 'well' - which is both a good idea for overfill and a bad idea for overfill - can build up fluid that when the mod isn't upright can 'spill ejuice' - the trick is not to overfill. There is no well on the Vmod - extra ejuice flows back into the bottle and it simply hasn't leaked one time for me. Earlier version before the 2.0 did have some leak problems - see Grimm Green's video - but they have been fixed. I haven't had it a long time - about 3 weeks now and I've had the Reo for over a year but I'm liking the Vapage mod a bit better for the reasons stated.

Another thing - and important too - while I have used the cisco attys on the Reo - the vapage attys are quite good and have the quality build that the ciscos have... plus they are designed for bottom feeding. Their best in the gold universal and it's available in 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5Ω

AMG Hybrid Universal (2-pack)

currently out of the 1.5 and 2.0 :(

The kit ships with a AMG hybrid bottom feeding atty 2.0 which is also good - I've just had better longevity with the gold universals. I've had them before I got the mod - they're great for dripping as well as use with the Reo.

I ante'd up for the Premier kit - normally $99 but I got 20% off and just missed a 50% off sale.

Vapage Premium VMOD System

XL:
Vapage VMOD-XL Premium Kit

Also got a digital camo skin :D

VMOD XL Aluminum Case & Cone Replacement- Graphic

Again.... I've had a few box mods - the bartleby was great - internal usb charger like the Janty Stick, wet box, Ken's box mods (can't go wrong there - but are plastic. If you need metal, get the Reo. I've read of a VV Vmod but can't seem to find it - maybe 'coming soon'. You could check other forums. I've had other vv mods and have the eGo Twist and find I didn't use it much - but again, that's more of a function of how wattage affects your ejuice flavors. Mine hold up well at 3.4-4.0V and start to wash out or burn much above that. I control wattage with ohms rather than volts. I know the downside of that but I can afford buy more attys when they burn out :) And I buy safe batts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread