Suggestions for Boba's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfishy

Jun 29, 2012
Eugene
Does anybody have a preferred vaping setup for pure VG vaping? I have a 3.7V kgo, and I just got some Boba's bounty in the mail. This is the first pure vg juice Ive gotten. I'm gonna let it steep for a few days, but I'm curious what people think is the best way to vape pure vg @ 3.7V. I have a bunch of LR 1.7ohm "resurrector" (smoktech) single coil cartos that I use for all of my other pg/vg juices, but I'm thinking that using a low resistance may run too much current for such a thick juice and might strain my batteries.

Whatchya' all think? I also have a 2ohm boge atty that I tested the boba's in and that seemed to work quite well, and I use 1.5ohm dual coil cartos for my tank, but am unsure what configuration would be best suited to vaping vg. Should I buy some different equipment??

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
I can't say much about puttin' it in cartos, carto tanks, or clearomizers cause I don't use em'. I drip Boba's on a standard resistance atty (510 or 306(IO6)) and vape it at anywhere from 3.7 to 5 volts on any number of mods. I use it straight outta the mail box until it's gone then the new bottle has usually arrived. I recently bought 3 ego twist mods (3.2 to 4.8 volts with the twist of the end cap) and have pretty much shelved all my other mods; they're that handy. In my opinion if you want to taste Boba's the way it was intended, drip some and see if your other avenues compare. Mind you I use 5 different juices, most of which are heavy in the VG area but Boba's is a daily thing for me. Good luck.

Trollkin

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, ID USA
I actually feel differently about Boba's than samwest does - but I absolutely agree that you'll want to try it both on an atty and in a carto. For some reason, I prefer tobacco flavors in a carto, and sweet flavors are (to me) best dripped. Not sure what the filler in a Boge does to it, but I didn't love it on a 306 - but I definitely do in a carto (Boge 3ohm at about 5v, but I bet a 2ohm at 3.7 would work out just as well).

And @tribe - I hear you about not getting there with Boba's - for whatever it's worth, I don't usually vape tobacco flavors, and only bought some of it to tag along with other stuff I was buying as a gift. When it arrived, I tried it, and it was ...meh. Tasted like tobacco and - maybe caramel. Not bad, but not thrilling. Dripped it for about a half hour, put it up, and went back to my usual fruity vape. Later that night, I accidentally filled a carto with it, thinking it was something else, and said, Oh snap! (Well, not exactly that, but you get the idea.) How come this is suddenly so good?It hit MUCH better that time, for whatever reason, and I'm actually vaping some as I type this. Of course, you'll have to see what works for you, because, as they say, your mileage may vary.

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, just dilute your VG with one drop distilled water for each ml of VG, works great thinned in a tank :) bnrk

Oh I use Boge XL SR and punch my holes with a carto punch tool.

OK.. i will try that.. what about the flavor? does it a bit going to fade or.... jst got the boba and gorila.Havent try it yet still waiting to finish my tank with my current juice.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
OK.. i will try that.. what about the flavor? does it a bit going to fade or.... jst got the boba and gorila.Havent try it yet still waiting to finish my tank with my current juice.

I have not noticed any less flavor with the small of dilution of distilled water. I keep a dropper bottle full of distilled water handy for thick juices and do it all the time. I diluted some Ms T's juice to use in the tank and it worked great once the water was added. You can also dilute with PG, but with water it takes less drops. bnrk

apbtdog1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
East TN
Yes, just dilute your VG with one drop distilled water for each ml of VG, works great thinned in a tank :) bnrk

Hmmmmmm............ :confused: I must try this. I've never said it before due to the thought of people thinking i'm crazy but i don't really care for the Boba's either. I do in fact LOVE the guerilla juice but it seems it wears the cartos out really fast. IDK if it's just me or.....

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Hmmmmmm............ :confused: I must try this. I've never said it before due to the thought of people thinking i'm crazy but i don't really care for the Boba's either. I do in fact LOVE the guerilla juice but it seems it wears the cartos out really fast. IDK if it's just me or.....
Just vaping my first carto of Boba's right now. So far...it's ok, but I was expecting it to be amazing. I'll give it a shot for a few days, then let it steep for a couple of weeks and re-visit. I love the ammount of vapor, good TH, but the flavor so far is just ok. I don't think it'll replace Johnson Creek Tenessee Cured as my go-to vape.

I also got some Guerilla juice, but haven't tried it yet. Hopefully I'll like that better.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

Agreed. Adding distilled water has been the best solution for me to dilute thick VG juices. I start with 1 drop per 2 ml of juice, though. That makes it flow just fine in my cartos. No effect on flavor, either. :)

Last edited:

bigfishy

Jun 29, 2012
Eugene
Ya, I'd have to say that I'm not as taken with boba's as I thought I would be. But, it's a lot better than the mellow sunset that I tried last. That was downright disgusting until I mixed it with some vanilla custard. I guess I'll do the same and revisit after I let it steep for a while. Maybe gorilla juice is better, or maybe I haven't tasted true boba's yet... who knows. Anyway thanks guys. Btw it seems to vape no problem with a 1.7ohm single coil carto on my kgo.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
This is my first post on this forum, been stalking and vaping for a while now. I actually just got some Bobas the other day in the mail and figured I'd try it. I dripped it and didn't think it was all that. So I let it steep a couple days and rebuilt my Igo-l with rolled cotton at 1.8 ohms. Dripped some Bobas in there and let it soak up. WOW! What a difference, this stuff truly is amazing. Funny part is I'm not fond of tobacco juices but I love gorilla and bobas a lot. There's just something about it, I don't know, but what people say about this juice is true. At least for me and my experience at least. Also tried this in my davide tank and it wasn't good, barely any throat hit and didn't taste as good either. Maybe it wasn't wicking correctly? Not sure. But the wicks I built were soaked in it. Either way, dripping this juice is amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread