Suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. F. Warren

Feb 3, 2019
I'm looking at trying my hand at rebuildables. I plan on starting with the smok RBA for the TFV12 Prince tank as that is the tank system I have.

What I like to know is what tooling I start with. Plus I would like recommendations on which series of tutorial vids on YouTube that would be great for a first time builder.

Thanks in advanced

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I'm looking at trying my hand at rebuildables. I plan on starting with the Smok RBA for the TFV12 Prince tank as that is the tank system I have.

What I like to know is what tooling I start with. Plus I would like recommendations on which series of tutorial vids on YouTube that would be great for a first time builder.

Thanks in advanced
That probably wouldn't be the best to start with. You would be better off getting an inexpensive RDA to start with. I can't recommend anything single coil but an easy to build RDA that is inexpensive to start with is the Smoant Battlestar. It is $13 from fasttech. I'm sure others can give good advice for an inexpensive single coil RDA. Winding coils is easy. Wicking is the tough part but once you get it it's easy enough. I would say start out with some 26g kanthal and work your way from there.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One of my favorite demo videos that I've come across.

Don't worry about fancy exotic coils.

download210973110.jpg

You don't really need one, but a Coil Master kit has all the tools you'll need, instead of buying each tool separately. You can get one pretty cheap from Fast Tech.

diy_kit_3.jpg

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The absolute minimum tools if you have a variable resistance mod is a small diameter screw driver, some scissors for the cotton, and a pair of nail clippers.

A coil kit like @Baditude mentioned is handy and convenient though. I don’t have one myself though I’ve used them in shops.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I no longer need every tool in the Coilmaster kit but I am glad I started out with one. It was helpful.

I'm glad you are not trying Smok's build deck first. It is not exactly a recipe for success, IMHO. I did start with a small, fiddly 2 coil RTA, but I was getting impatient. Even though I was building one diagonal coil, my results were less than stellar. Etc.

Good luck with your first build! Building doesn't come naturally to me honestly. Sometimes I kind of wish it did, instead of DIY, although really it's good SOMETHING comes naturally I guess.

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Well I no longer need every tool in the Coilmaster kit but I am glad I started out with one. It was helpful.

I'm glad you are not trying Smok's build deck first. It is not exactly a recipe for success, IMHO. I did start with a small, fiddly 2 coil RTA, but I was getting impatient. Even though I was building one diagonal coil, my results were less than stellar. Etc.

Good luck with your first build! Building doesn't come naturally to me honestly. Sometimes I kind of wish it did, instead of DIY, although really it's good SOMETHING comes naturally I guess.

Anna

Doesn’t come naturally to me either, but I manage well enough, as do you. And honestly, I’ve saved more with diy than making my own coils, although there’s been a good enough savings there too.

• Love
Reactions: stols001

R. F. Warren

Feb 3, 2019
Well didn't want to wait for the shipment of the Aromamizer so I picked up a cheap RTA at the local store. I got the asmodus dawg to play around with. Seems I do OK on my end. Had no issues wicking it at all. No leaks and running TC on it the battery lasts me all day. I'm running dual fused Clapton coils and vaping at 500 degrees F. Don't seem to be using near as much juice either.

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread