The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by R. F. Warren, Feb 8, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. R. F. Warren

R. F. Warren Full Member

Feb 3, 2019
    I'm looking at trying my hand at rebuildables. I plan on starting with the Smok RBA for the TFV12 Prince tank as that is the tank system I have.

What I like to know is what tooling I start with. Plus I would like recommendations on which series of tutorial vids on YouTube that would be great for a first time builder.

Thanks in advanced

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    That probably wouldn't be the best to start with. You would be better off getting an inexpensive RDA to start with. I can't recommend anything single coil but an easy to build RDA that is inexpensive to start with is the Smoant Battlestar. It is $13 from fasttech. I'm sure others can give good advice for an inexpensive single coil RDA. Winding coils is easy. Wicking is the tough part but once you get it it's easy enough. I would say start out with some 26g kanthal and work your way from there.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    One of my favorite demo videos that I've come across.

Don't worry about fancy exotic coils.

[​IMG]

You don't really need one, but a Coil Master kit has all the tools you'll need, instead of buying each tool separately. You can get one pretty cheap from Fast Tech.

[​IMG]

Information Resources for Your First RBA

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The absolute minimum tools if you have a variable resistance mod is a small diameter screw driver, some scissors for the cotton, and a pair of nail clippers.

A coil kit like @Baditude mentioned is handy and convenient though. I don’t have one myself though I’ve used them in shops.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Tweezers are a must have imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    They are very handy. Everything in the kit is handy. I find tweezers most useful for removing old wicks. Keeps your fingers clean. You can get away without them in a pinch though. It’s just more annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    • Like Like x 2
  8. R. F. Warren

R. F. Warren Full Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Many thanks for all your help. I'll definitely look at getting the coil master tool kit.

I'll also put a lot of thought into getting a dedicated rebuildable.
    Would really like it to be at least a 5ml tank if not bigger, as I go through lots of juice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. R. F. Warren

R. F. Warren Full Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Well I just ordered the,
    Limited edition Aromamizer Plus from Steam Crave.

It comes with the 5ml, 10ml, and 15ml tanks plus it also comes with the postless, single and series decks.

Now I'll finally be able to play around with the re-building and TC modes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Well I no longer need every tool in the Coilmaster kit but I am glad I started out with one. It was helpful.

I'm glad you are not trying Smok's build deck first. It is not exactly a recipe for success, IMHO. I did start with a small, fiddly 2 coil RTA, but I was getting impatient. Even though I was building one diagonal coil, my results were less than stellar. Etc.

Good luck with your first build! Building doesn't come naturally to me honestly. Sometimes I kind of wish it did, instead of DIY, although really it's good SOMETHING comes naturally I guess.

Anna

11. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Doesn’t come naturally to me either, but I manage well enough, as do you. And honestly, I’ve saved more with diy than making my own coils, although there’s been a good enough savings there too.

• Love Love x 1
  12. R. F. Warren

R. F. Warren Full Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Well didn't want to wait for the shipment of the Aromamizer so I picked up a cheap RTA at the local store. I got the asmodus dawg to play around with. Seems I do OK on my end. Had no issues wicking it at all. No leaks and running TC on it the battery lasts me all day. I'm running dual fused Clapton coils and vaping at 500 degrees F. Don't seem to be using near as much juice either.

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.