Suggestions where to go from herr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Arkansas
I am sure this has been asked before and i am sorry asking again. Tried to search a thread I seen before that asked what would you do different If you would know everything back then than you know now but I cant find it... I really like my kanger protanks. I have 3 and the 3 mini but i would like to upgrade the rest of it.. I have vision spinner and ego vv3 mega batteries and while they work fantastic i am getting tired of charging them so often. I am new to this and vape a lot to fight the urges to go back to analogs. Really dont want to!

The question is what would be the next step upgrade from spinner/ego vv3 that could take the heavy vaping.

The outer appearance is not important. Could not do without VV and budged says between $50-70. Also would like to be able use my protanks with it.

Sorry i am all new to this and definitely not much od diy person

Thank you in advance

Mogy

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I am sure this has been asked before and i am sorry asking again. Tried to search a thread I seen before that asked what would you do different If you would know everything back then than you know now but I cant find it... I really like my kanger protanks. I have 3 and the 3 mini but i would like to upgrade the rest of it.. I have vision spinner and ego vv3 mega batteries and while they work fantastic i am getting tired of charging them so often. I am new to this and vape a lot to fight the urges to go back to analogs. Really dont want to!

The question is what would be the next step upgrade from spinner/ego vv3 that could take the heavy vaping.

The outer appearance is not important. Could not do without VV and budged says between $50-70. Also would like to be able use my protanks with it.

Sorry i am all new to this and definitely not much od diy person

Thank you in advance

Mogy

MVP2 is reasonably priced, but I prefer one that can have the batteries replaced. Here's some recommendations and links.

Vamo V5 $32.43
Intellicharger I2 $15.05
2x Sony VTC5 10.99 ea

That should be within your budget. I will state the downside though. 1) ordering from fasttech, expect about 3 weeks before you get it. 2) order batteries from the US... otherwise, it'll delay your shipment even longer. 3) the Vamo is much heavier than an ego and it is a pretty large device.

The up side is, 1) when one battery runs down, replace it and recharge the other one, 2) OLED display is nice. 3) super easy to change voltages throughout the day to meet your cravings, 4) protanks will work on it.

An alternate to the Vamo, would be the Innokin SVD

Cman1337

Apr 21, 2014
Portland, OR
I've never seen the vamo, i have heard it on these boards a lot. I use a SS Quasar RDA and mechanical mod with the sony vtc5s. If i am pulling 98 watts with these batteries fully charged *0.190 Ohms* (Which each battery when fully charged lasts me 3-8 hours depending on how frequently i vape that day) this vamo should last forever. its 2600 mAh.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I own a Vamo and an SVD...definitely prefer the SVD which is a very nice piece of equpment for $40. You would need batteries and a charger though.

In your budget, the MVP 2.0 is still a good choice though because you get the battery on board with the mod for basically the same price. You can also vape while it's charging. Downside is that it's a box.

After that I suppose I'd save up for a Provari--but that's way out of your budget.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
I'll give another shout out for the MVP2. You don't need to buy extra batteries, it will last a day or more on one charge, you can vape while charging, and you can charge your phone from it.

I've had many different APVs including the Vamo and many mechs. I always go back to my MVP2 for the majority of my vaping pleasure.

Mogy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Arkansas
Dear hubby is saying that budget would not be an issue and provari would well be in the picture... That brings up another question. Is the pro tank 3 a good fit for provari or should i be looking into another tank as well?? I really dont feel comfortable with any bild you own types.

Thank you for all your imput as i still have hard time digesting all the information out there.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Dear hubby is saying that budget would not be an issue and provari would well be in the picture... That brings up another question. Is the pro tank 3 a good fit for provari or should i be looking into another tank as well?? I really dont feel comfortable with any bild you own types.

Thank you for all your imput as i still have hard time digesting all the information out there.

Going back to your original concern, I'd get the 18650 extension cap as well, since there are far more options for 18650 batteries. I'd still get an intellicharger as well.

The provari and Protank 3 would work fine. Here's a pic of a standard provari with a protank 3

Protank-III_8-600x600.jpg

An 18650 would be slightly taller. for the coils, you could simply buy coil replacements.

Ketsuban

Feb 20, 2014
Equestria
i've heard nothing but great things about the provari models. I think that might be my next mod.

I own two MVPs and those run like a champ. the only time I drain the battery is when I use the usb passthrough function to charge my iphone as it's dying. the onboard battery as mentioned is wonderful - it wasn't until I bought my vamo v5 that I invested in a charger and two 18650 batteries.

MVP2 is definitely the most cost effective- I found my shine on eBay, new in box, legit, for about $45 if memory serves. I've seen it go for $80 in my b&m so be careful. :)

vamo v5 is a wonderful vv/vw device but my only complaint is it feels a bit heavy in my hand. i'm also a fairly weak female, but dang that thing is robust and the rep at my b&m I was chatting with said she abused the crap out of hers (dropping it in the parking lot by accident and chasing it, lol.) and it still works like brand new. very scratched, but the performance is like day one.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
View attachment 331013 well the beauty is in mail now.. Along with the extension for the 18650 batteries. I think christmas come early lol! Cant wait. Have feeling i need to stock up on some good juice while waiting for it to get here :). Thank you all for your imput. I am beyond excited

Where are you located in Arkansas? Just curious, I'm in Conway.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Russellville... So sorry about all the tornado devastation ....

My family/house was spared, but a lot of folks I know had a lot of damage... some of their houses are completely gone. We are about 2-3 miles from the main path... Still can't believe it. I appreciate your thoughts!

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
You are right, it's been asked...but don't be sorry about asking again. The search function here is well, not so good! I haven't read any responses yet, but I bet you'll get a lot of people suggesting the itaste MVP 2. It is within your price range, performs very well and has a battery that lasts a very long time. You can even charge your cell phone with it the battery is so good. It also has 510 and ego threads so it will accept about any topper. The box mod shape isn't for everyone, but it is small and light enough to be comfortable in the hand, and I am a lady with small hands.

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
Well now that I actually read the responses....I see the MVP was well represented as expected. And I see that you went ProVari! You actually ordered the exact same one I have. If you decide another $45 is in the budget may I suggest an IBTank in the green/blue bold swirl? I got a halfling size for mine and it looks, and more important vapes fantastic!

Mogy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Arkansas
well.... Ordered a new tank as well even tough i am still happy with the pro tank 3 and had no issues with it. I been reading a lot and wanted to go cartotank route for the second one to try out how those are. So got me some boges and an Phiniac that I think will do justice to the provari... cant wait to post a picture when it all gets here :D

Celebrating the end of the analog era
Mogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread