Not open for further replies.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Here's an article I wrote about the trend towards 60ml and 120ml e-liquid bottles at brick-and-mortar retail shops. With sub-ohm tanks and high-wattage box-mods causing many vapers to consume e-liquid faster than ever, some e-liquid companies are dropping 15ml bottles in favor or larger sizes. There are even new e-liquid companies that only offer products in 60ml or 120ml. Some brick-and-mortar store owners prefer 15ml bottles for repeat visits, while others like what the larger sizes bring to the table. How about you? Do you prefer buying big bottles or small bottles of e-liquid you enjoy?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I do DIY.... I make small batches... Usually 3-6 bottles/flavors at a time, using 15 and 30ml bottles. I vape less than 10ml most days. 10ml means I've been chain vaping. I normally have 2 or 3 flavors plus unflavored in use at a time.

The few juices I buy I buy in 30ml and 60ml bottles. Never bought bigger than 60ml, except for PG, VG and Nic base.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I greatly prefer buying larger bottles of my favorite juices, especially since most of the large bottles I buy are priced less per millimeter than smaller ones. If you're buying online you can also save money on shipping costs too if you buy in larger bottles. I love the option of buying in smaller sizes -- like 10 ml. - - when trying out new juices.

Reactions: RPadTV

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I only use 30ml bottles as samples ;)

Seriously, I prefer to buy in bulk at decent prices, so if I like the liquid I only buy in 100ml or larger. And it has nothing to do with sub-ohm or drippers. I still use 18mg, but I never want to risk running out of liquid, so I buy in bulk sizes that I can afford.

When the bottles gets down to half, or about 50ml -- time to reorder.

Christian Sheasley

Mar 1, 2016
I buy in bulk online for the most part but I am for supporting local businesses if they aren't robbing you blind. The local shop to me sells 30ml bottles for $15 and I vape about 15ml a day so buying from them gets pretty expensive. I can buy the bulk components and mix my batches and end up with 120ml or 250ml for considerably less money than buying 4 to 6 30ml bottles premixed. If the local shopped carried 120ml and 250ml bottles, I would consider buying them but they would have to get the price more in-line with what you can buy online. I am not against them making money, but don't rob me blind.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I think when you start buying in bulk you are just one step away from DIY. I was buying small 30ml bottles and got sick of the cost. I found ITC vapes, they sell 240 ml bottles for 40 bucks +-, that was still killing the budget for two vapers. Buying in bulk means you are concerned about the cost of e-liquid and that only compounds when you think of the upcoming regulation (taxation) of e-juice.

I never thought I would be making my own e-juice, but it was so easy to get started that now I can't imagine buying pre-made juice ever again. I can make 240 ml of juice for about 8 bucks. Between RTA's and mods with replacable batteries vaping is almost free at this point.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
I think when you start buying in bulk you are just one step away from DIY. I was buying small 30ml bottles and got sick of the cost. I found ITC vapes, they sell 240 ml bottles for 40 bucks +-, that was still killing the budget for two vapers. Buying in bulk means you are concerned about the cost of e-liquid and that only compounds when you think of the upcoming regulation (taxation) of e-juice.

I never thought I would be making my own e-juice, but it was so easy to get started that now I can't imagine buying pre-made juice ever again. I can make 240 ml of juice for about 8 bucks. Between RTA's and mods with replacable batteries vaping is almost free at this point.
I buy in bulk because I like to stay ahead of the game in terms of adequate steeping.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I buy in bulk because I like to stay ahead of the game in terms of adequate steeping.

That makes perfect sense as well.
I wasn't saying cost was the only factor, or that everyone is cost conscious. I think DIY is more convenient, once you get the hang of it. I just get worried about the future of vaping and look to make myself self sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread