Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Background
I received a 510/901 and 801 (shorty) to try out. I was contacted during this NHaler Drip Tips review exchange by David asking me if I would like to try a "wide mouth" since I was discussed with the size of the hole, of the NHaler drip tips. As can be seen during the thread I was not impressed with drip tips as a whole, and that should he feel his product could stand up to my critical scrutiny, that I wouldn't mind trying one out. I provided David with my address and pretty much left it at that. A week had gone by and never received anything from our best friend, the postman. I thought the matter to be a dead issue. Low and behold, what was in my mail box yesterday, Super T delrin tips.

Disclaimer
Folks that have read some of my previous reviews can see that I say it as it is. I will endeavour to always give the good, the bad and the ugly about a product or device. In doing so, I will always try to make recommendations on how to improve a product in order to negate drawbacks I might have raised during said review.

Because I believe in fairness, I used the template of my initial review so we can make some comparisons.

Overall impression 4/5. Unlike an atty that may need seasoning etc... a drip tip is pretty much a straight forward device, that either performs out of the box or not.

Pros

• The ergonomics are fair, the tip is comfortable to vape from. No difference between this one and the prototype; 4
  • The ergonomics of the shorty on the other hand are absolute bliss; 5
  • They fit the atty nice and just snug, compared to really snug from Nhaler tip. This was the fit for all three attys 510/901 and 801). They fit flush with the atty, unlike the originals (more on that); 5
  • (The previously stated pros are a moot point as they remain unchanged between the two. For brevity they have been ommitted)
Previous (Nhaler) Cons

• Hole too small requires proper hand eye coordination/alignment: 2 (Super T has corrected this with the wide mouth design)
  • Liquid has a tendency to stick to the sides: 2 (This was not evident with the larger hole and the wide mouth of the Super T design)
  • Becomes air locked with moderately viscous liquids: 1 (This has not happened to date with the Super T design)
  • The design builds up condensate: 2 (This happens on these tips as well. Since it occurs with normal carts as well, I don't think we can eliminate this. On a normal cart when condensate builds up, we hear a gurgling sound (even if the atty is not flooded), which we blow the cart out and wipe the sides of the cart. In the case of drip tips, the atty will eventually flood, due to condensate build up. 2
  • Doesn't fit properly on my eGo: 1 Two thumbs up on this one. Because the fit on the atty is perfect, not only can it be used with the eGo, the atty and tip can remain on the battery when putting the cone on or taking it off. It does not restrict the flow nor do we have to wiggle it to get it at the right position. I know the original tip may not have been designed to be used with the eGo, but folks have used them with their eGos and for those who believe in using the cone, was a put off with the originals. Ego users will be glad to hear that these fit +5
  • Only comes in one size (510); 2 (Comes in 510/901, 801, regular length and shorty) 4
  • Price tag; 1 (For a penny less, still too high IMHO, more on that later on)
These tips are the result of customer feed back and a "vendor war" so to speak. I am not going to play politics, nor get involved in them. I am relatively new to the vaping scene, and to be honest not interested in vendor wars.

What I do like about folks fighting about something, is that it causes individuals to improve their products, which in the end, we as customers benefit.

I also believe that honest reviews will further improve products vice blanket endorsements that may arbitrarily subdue the need for improvements.

At this point the principle dis-advantage of all drip tips is their price tag. I do not want to hear about manufacturing costs or whatever. Folks that sell liquids more than make up for manufacturing cost of these units. That being said, anodizing aluminium does incur extra costs, and well, if you want bling then you don't mind paying a little more.

Although the plastic has a nice feel compared to metal, and remains cool, this advantage also inhibits the flow of liquid down the tube and is probably why it sticks to the sides. In all honesty, since I have never used a stainless drip tip, I cannot compare this observation. Design of the wide mouth IMO has eliminated this problem. The explosions discussed at random on the forums and from personal experience have not occured with the Super T tips.

I still do not like the price of these units, but I will admit that David's shipping cannot be beat $1.25. If vendors want to compete, then this is where you need to focus.

The community as a whole are entirely disgusted with "vendor gouging", when it comes to shipping costs. This problem is further exacerbated this side of the border. IMHO there is absolutely no need for the exorbitant shipping fees. Furthermore, it really upsets customers when a certain shipping fee is charged at the checkout, only to find actual shipping was much less.

Notwithstanding, many vendors call it shipping and handling, that is cool. What is not cool, is that all vendors have handling fees as, all vendors have shipping costs. I would like an explanation of why the discrepancies across the board, because failing that, it is vendors lining their pockets at our expense, and that is what folks are .....en about and do not like. Personally, I tend to shy away from high shipping costs. If high shipping costs are a means to dis-courage foreign sales, then they have succeeded. On the other hand, what is not cool, is exorbitant "local" shipping costs.

In conclusion
So yes I endorse and recommend this product. Why?

Because during my conversation with David it was clearly stated not to bother sending me the tips if they could not hold up to an honest review, hence why I was surprised to see them in my mail box.

Notwithstanding, I believe the price for tips in general to be too high. $5 for Delrin, $8-10 for stainless and anodized should be more than enough.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I should have added a pic to my review. These are the ones I am using.

Attachments

• delrinshorty.jpg
    delrinshorty.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 278
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread