Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Common themes I see on this forum from 'newbies' or folks like myself, a novice for sure, revolve around who to trust. What supplier do I want to deal with? These questions are answered in a variety of well meant posts; some of you have helped me tremendously and thank you, but in the end getting an unbiased idea of any given suppliers track record is problematic at best.

Would it be possible,
what would it take,
would there be an interest in,
some form of a supplier rating system?

I've spent an immense amount of time reading threads on this board trying to get a feel for the different suppliers and how they run their businesses in an attempt to reach the comfort levels needed to make purchases. While the decisions I've made so far have had reasonably positive outcomes it took a lot of time and a bit of luck to make those decisions.

So what comes to mind is something akin to what is used on eBay. If there was a way to simply look at the total number of positive vs. negative posts of a given supplier or perhaps a 1 to 10 rating of specific aspects of doing business, price, communication, warranty support etc., such decision making would be a whole lot simpler.

I'm new to forums, not a programmer, so I've no clue as to what it would take to establish something like this. Just thinking that something like this could be a simpler barometer of a suppliers performance rather than fanboys and raves or rants and flames.

Anyhoo folks, thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.
Later

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
dood idea, but need some way to prove you ordered from the site.

For sure. Confirmation of purchases made would help to legitimize a ratings entry. Then again, what is currently available on the board offers no 'proof of purchase'.

Would an ongoing, stickied (sp) poll be a viable option?
All suppliers listed with a few salient catagories for each one. Perhaps the ability to determine the number of unique users responding?

Thinkin' out loud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread