Supporting ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
mods & Managers:

I would like to support the venues that helped me during my transition to e-cigs -- ECF being key. I see a donation tab on the Support ECF - question is, I'd like to know that the $$ I contribute will be put to good use. With that said, would someone be interested in stating the purpose and use of donated revenues?

Also, I need some help in acquiring business cards. I think ECF should be the FIRST place a new e-cig user should visit. Would like to order a set of about 500 or so...

Anyway, let me know - my B/E point is Tuesday and I'm feeling particularly generous.

-Papa

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
@PapaBloog
Essentially, you can help us to do what we do even better.

If you want to help ECF do it better, then maybe spare a thought for the poor, underworked, overpaid staff. Sorry I mean overworked, underpaid. Phew... There is nothing the staff like better than mods, and like most people, their wages are better spent on the family than themselves - so there is a mod shortage among the Moderators. :)

If you got together with a few other members and bought a mod, and put it up as a raffle prize for the Moderators, you'd make a lot of friends here. The Mods here don't just moderate the forums (as if that wasn't enough, with over 100,000 posts a month) - many of them also have 'projects' they look after, such as looking after biz card supplies, liaising with Suppliers, organizing paperwork. There are a lot of things to do for a forum of this size. So if you'd like to help them with a gift, you are both helping the machinery of the site and giving a thank-you where it is deserved.

I'd also suggest that you donate to CASAA - except it looks like you know that already, from your avi :)

The most valuable thing anyone can donate is time. We can all find a buck here or there to help out with but very few can or will take the time to do what needs to be done: making sure your voice is heard by people in power before they make the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons. Phoning, writing and mailing a letter, and especially visiting their office. Taking part in meetings or demonstrations. Turning up at committee hearings. Actually doing something, not just sending an email.

People could ask themselves: have I visited my Representative's office and told them what I think? Did I take printed copies of the downloads we have available for you to use?
Useful electronic cigarette factsheets

Have I taken these fact sheets to my local doctor's surgery and ensured that all the medical personnel there each have a copy? Have I visited my city's committee chair or other city chief elected representative's office and told them what I think about local regulations, and left some literature with them?

These are things that need to be done that are worth more than money, as time is more precious and few will donate that. And especially, being someone who helps with organizing those things as well as taking part.

Since you have a CASAA emblem in your avi you most likely know all these things and have done many of them, so this list is mainly for others who read this. Except the mod for the Mods bit :)

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
Rolygate: Very cool idea. What can I do to set up a contest for the ECF Moderators? I'd like to have each Moderator entering the contest to state their preferred MOD, where to purchase it, and a second choice if their preferred MOD is subject to availability or out-of-stock? Let me know if something 'official' can be coordinated, and soon - one of the forum mods will be sporting a brand new MOD... ;-)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Haven't heard from jOker yet - I was thinking mebbe we could do a raffle/contest with perhaps 3 prizes in varying degrees of cost... I think this'll be a real hoot! Anyone know how many mods that need a new MOD? And, what are we looking at in terms of units? What are the leading favorites?

That Provari is very popular right now but it is pricey. About $200 I think. Too many electronics for me but some people really like that. Would you want to make a post to take up a collection first? In order to see what you come up with? Just a thought. I personally love my Buzz. It is VV and all mechanical. Very sturdy unit for around $100.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I'll start a collection - but, as I stated, I'm feeling particularly generous and will cover any shortfall - so long as the mod gets the MOD that he/she has been craving.

I just don't know how to get the ball rolling 'officially', haven't heard from jOker yet - and he doesn't allow pm's - at least from me...:-(...

Couldn't you just start a thread in the General section? State the purpose of your collection and people could PM you for your PP addy? With as many people as there are on this forum you just might be able to get more then one mod.

I have collected for basic kits (members in need) and I just sent out PMs to my friends and had them send their contribution to me through Paypal.

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
Got the approval to move ahead with this effort and will be starting a new thread in the general forum!

It's time now to show our appreciation for all the hard work that the ECF Forum Moderators put in to this place to keep things civil and very, very helpful and informative. If anyone would like to gain early recognition by assisting with this effort, feel free to chime in by sending me a PM or by e-mailing me at papabloog AT gmail.com ... looks like we're going with a raffle format - so, thoughts, suggestions, and prize recommendations would really help...

Two cheers! Two cheers! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread