Status
Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Sup, so I borrowed my dad's old school wavetek multimeter.

I put one pin of the meter in the center of my T3S base and the other pin in one of the air holes.

On two of my heads, they both read 3.0-3.2 ohms, not 2.5 as it's stamped on the side.

Am I doing this wrong? The "wheel" on my multimeter is set at the "200" level.

Half an ohm is a pretty big difference IMO. I've been carefully vaping at 3.8V but now i think I will move up to 4.1-4.5 on my Spinner..

Edit: just checked two other heads. Flat 3.0 ohms.

I've been vaping Monkey Buns by VV at 3.8 with a really disappointing flavor. After vaping at 4.5V the flavor is INCREDIBLE. Although the throat hit is massive and a bit much. Time to find some 1.8 heads.

I'm an idiot. Stupid Kanger!

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
It could be the meter too. Unless you have something else to check against, you don't know that the meter is still accurate. Old meters can drift out of calibration. Cheap meters often aren't that accurate to begin with.

I soldered a some short leads to a 510 connector and using that that same test lead on several meters. My Vamo and itaste PVs and Fluke meter all agree the coil I checked is 2.9 ohms, so I accept that as the (likely) true value. I compared against several other multimeters and got readings from 2.9, 3.1, 3.2 and as high as 3.5 ohms (older extech meter).

Coils certainly vary a bit from their marked value, but if you're getting multiple coils all reading higher than expected, it may be the meter isn't so accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread