The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SVD then and now

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Harlen, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Hello all
    I love my SVD so much so that I ordered a new one .
    it came today , opened it up put a battery in it and it vapes great ( kanger 3 and an air valve )
    there are some different's form the old one and new one's.
    the new one is lighter , loose threads and the display is fuzzy or not as sharp as the old one .
    but all in all I still love it .
    I read these post all the time and now know that the new SVD is not as good as the old one but for the money they just can't be beat
    best wishes to all.

vape on

2. Altramagnus

Altramagnus Senior Member ECF Veteran

I wish you luck. Mine and two friends all had switches go up in a months time.

Shawn

3. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Variable Voltage APV Discussion

4. Harlen

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    It doesn't seam to be as strong as the older ones if it comes to it I will have parts for the old one lol

5. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

and now they are going to make a version with a real dna20 chip inside. they are updating the styling some and while they are catching some flak for only putting in a dna20 chip instead of something more powerful, the dna20 is plenty of power for my style of vaping. it is probably powerful enough for most vapors- most of whom have absolutely no need for 30,35, 50 or even 100watts but they want it anyway...another triumph of marketing over common sense....

6. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I've had mine for 5 months and really like it. The first one I had went bad but I found that tanks that leak (PT mini's) were the problem.

I have only used tanks with sealed 510 pins and my SVD has performed excellently!

7. Harlen

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Noted that too but I use the air valve and that seams to have stopped the leaking .

8. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Same here Harlen. I use PT2's with AFC or Aero tanks and have had no problems with my SVD. Under the pin on the SVD it has a grommet that wicks moisture, not sure why they didn't use a rubber one but that sucks up the juice and I believe it leaks into the internals. I took the first one apart and everything lead back to juice getting into the main body of the PV.

9. bluecat

bluecat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    My experience with the fuzzy screen is usually a little piece of protectant across the glass. Have you tried seeing if you can remove it. Danged if I cannot remove one of mine from an SVD.

Just to say.. it may be...

10. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i love the newer version of the airflow control- the one that looks like the aerotank base. it works much better than the older control with the knurled ring you raised or lowered. has better air flow, looks better(subjective, i know) made of better materials. just more $$ but worth it in the long run...if you aren't using the new one check it out- you won't be disappointed....

11. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I just picked up 5 from MBV for a good price and I have to say that I am a big fan. Real solid construction and you're right, they look real nice on the tanks.

12. Harlen

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Yes I have taken it off before lol but great idea I know some would miss that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.