Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
. . . Do any of you notice a difference with vapor production and throat hit with the lavatube. . . .

Yes!!!!! It is great to be able to crank the voltage up or down to suit the juice and the carto/atty/tank you are using. I'm using my VTube with the Vivi Nova tank and the 2.8ohm head, and it produces huge amounts of vapor.

Go for it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I would read this thread before you make a final decision:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...74-so-im-thinking-about-buying-lava-tube.html

The lavatubes limitations may not be of any importance to you and be fine for you, but it's best to know the pros and cons before making a decision. Unfortunately, some "fanboys" don't like the idea of "full disclosure.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

Oh boy, here we go again. Same old out of tune song, same verse.

Did you happen to notice that the OP is NOT using dual coil cartos? The post was specifically about using the Apollo VTube with the Vivi Nova.

Where is your "complete analysis" of the VTube and Vivi Nova that you seem to find so important in other people's posts??? Oh, it's missing because the ONLY thing you ever have to say about the lavatube is the negative about the amp limit.

To the OP, please disregard all this nonsense. It's a tempest in a teapot. Here's the long and the short of it: If you really want to use dual coil cartos, then the current version of the VTube is not the best choice. But otherwise, it's a fine variable voltage device that comes with a 1 year warranty backed up by a reputable company (unlike some of the devices that wv2win recommends - but he never mentions that). Oh, and despite my multiple requests for him - or someone - to explain it to me, nobody has yet even tried to explain to me what I'm missing by not using dual coil cartomizers.

Needeles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
WIsconsin
There are many "Lavatube" brands. Good idea to get the info first as you seem to be doing. I have a starfire which is just a different name for a LT. If you do want to use a dual coil setup you can do it on the Starfire if it is a big thing to u. Persoanlly I won't ever use one myself but figured I get one that could handle it just incase I did want to try it. There is a new version of the LT coming out soon as well that has a 3.9 amp cutoff. Can't remebr but I know there is a place that does currently sell em. As for my setup I use the Starfire with my Vivi Nova @ 2.8ohms and love it. The kit I got was a pretty good one imo. Comes with 2 batts, carring case, tube, charger and 5 cartos oh and the starfire has a 3 amp cutoff, if that is something that matters to you personally. Below is a link to where I got mine...

Starfire VV

Good luck to ya and happy vap'n!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: I said stop this

mamccarson84

Jul 16, 2012
NC
There are many "Lavatube" brands. Good idea to get the info first as you seem to be doing. I have a starfire which is just a different name for a LT. If you do want to use a dual coil setup you can do it on the Starfire if it is a big thing to u. Persoanlly I won't ever use one myself but figured I get one that could handle it just incase I did want to try it. There is a new version of the LT coming out soon as well that has a 3.9 amp cutoff. Can't remebr but I know there is a place that does currently sell em. As for my setup I use the Starfire with my Vivi Nova @ 2.8ohms and love it. The kit I got was a pretty good one imo. Comes with 2 batts, carring case, tube, charger and 5 cartos oh and the starfire has a 3 amp cutoff, if that is something that matters to you personally. Below is a link to where I got mine...

Starfire VV

Good luck to ya and happy vap'n!

Thanks all but can someone explain the difference in vaping with a dual coil and a single coil? I have experience with cartos and dripping but have never used a dct

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I don't know the entire lowdown on an Apollo VTube (I've heard that it outperforms the Lavatube - it's definitely cheaper) but I do know for a fact that the Lavatube has a hidden safety feature that lowers the voltage to what it thinks is "safe". This is especially problematic with dual coil cartomizers. It will not let you vape them over 3.7v and it doesn't tell you that it's doing it either. You have to put it on a voltage gauge to see it happening. A Lavatube should be ok with a Vivi Nova, but also I should point out that it's not very accurate and I have seen videos where it's as much as .3v off of what it says its output is supposed to be. I don't think it's wise to paint yourself in a corner with only clearomizers because none of us knows what the future holds. Knowing all this, I personally see the Lavatube as a pretty inferior device. Proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSJMhjhH4BA

If you want to avoid all of that mess and save a bunch of time (a million clicks all the time to set your voltage vs a quick twist? It's easier to dial in your sweet spot) and money, the EGO Twist (IMO) is the best option. Because it only goes to 4.8v it's more suitable for what you are using anyway. It's cheaper, smaller, and I'd wager that it lasts longer too. Here's a chart to confirm that unless you know where to get 4.5+ohm atomizers you really don't ever need to be going up to 6v with a Vivi Nova unless you are making some seriously thick coils for yourself (or many thinner ones). The Ego Twist is on sale at Altsmoke and you can get 10% off your order (one time only) with the FACE10LIKE code. Note that if you try to use it again on the same account on a future order it will not work, so use it wisely. Ego C Twist review here by a (IIRC) 3+ year veteran who seemingly has every PV, APB, and mod on the planet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-Ol8qWPic

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tutorials/260292-selecting-cartomizers-match-your-battery-temperature-preferences-excel.html

Notice where the "sweet spot" is for 6v compared to the ohms it takes to get there. Maybe you are one of those people who likes to push things into the red and kill it off with a quickness with reckless throat hits and lots of dry hits, maybe you aren't. I have laid out my case. The choice is yours.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
best advice to you is to do research on the devices that you want. may it be the lavatube, provari, even the ego twist. weigh the pros and cons.

Ive personally wasted lots of money buying mods left and right and finally settled on one. good luck to you!

I agree with this advice. Good to know the pros and cons of any model. Unfortunately you will see recommendations from those with limited experience and not always get the full picture. I know that many who recommend the regular eGo, for example, never seem to mention it has the smallest voltage battery of any model on the market. For some, that doesn't matter. But it's better to know what a model can and cannot do before you buy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I love my Lava Tube. Careful though, the top is very fragile, never keep it in your pocket with an atomizer on. I made that mistake and had to JB weld the cracked plastic back on

That would be a good reason to get the stainless steel or chrome version of the Apollo VTube. It's a more robust design. I carry my SS version in my pocket often without a problem.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
That would be a good reason to get the stainless steel or chrome version of the Apollo VTube. It's a more robust design. I carry my SS version in my pocket often without a problem.

Sadly, they are currently out of stock.

I was going to but a kit yesterday and all they had was red. I hate red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread