SX Mini Q Class problem - Wont fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren94

Jul 22, 2016
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster new member. I have been vaping since 2012 and have soft spot for high end well made devices. I have many Evolv products and recently decided to join the SX Mini band wagon. I purchased a red Q class 12 days ago and have really grown to love its fit, finish, feel and features. However, my excitement for the SX line was very short lived.

During normal use yesterday, it simply stopped firing. For a minute, i thought my batters were dead but unfortunately, that was not the case. Both showing 4.1 on the the multimeter. When the fire button is depressed in any mode or wattage setting, the mod reacts like all is normal. Voltage drops can be seen, live atty data is displayed such as voltage and ohms, and even the joule counter changes indicating normal usage The issue it that the Rda/tank/ Rta simply does not fire. (I have tired numerous atty's, numerous batteries, cleaned all connections, and attempted to update the firmware)

Because the Q is so new, i cant find much information online regarding the issue. One other ECF member posted in the other Q class thread about the same issue and one person wrote on the Yihi page with no responses from Yihi. Web searches find similar issues with the SSX350 chip but, not able to land at any solid solution.

Needless to say, i am very disappointed that a 12 day old high end device with a $200+ price point has failed. I have written to Yihi but, i am awaiting a response. Ay input from the more seasoned SX users?

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Agreed but, i got it at my local shop. Have spoken with them and their vendor advised it has to be dealt with Yihi. Bummer... Back to the Dna 200's for now

My local B & M has a 30 day return policy. I would check with yours. If they don't then I wouldn't do business with them again. All they have to do is send it back as a bad product as long as you still have the receipt and original box.

Nonsmokinnurse

Sep 27, 2016
Had the same issue with mine and I'm on my third one haven't dared to use temp control on this one and so far I haven't had any problems. The other two wouldn't fire after only a couple of weeks of getting it. Everything looked fine and the counter and all readings showed on the screen like normal, but pushed the fire button and nothing. Luckily my brick and mortar store was good about the issue and gave me replacements without any hassle but they came from the same distributor and batch so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I did leave a response on yihi's Facebook page and got no response from them. I generally use only 316l stainless and was surprised that it was not an option in temp control. Just a lot of hassle for a $200 mod in my opinion I've had this one for a couple months now but shouldn't have to worry about using the features of a "high-end" mod. Although I must say that it worked wonderfully and better than my DNA 200 but I had issues with the charging port on that contacted evolve sent it in and a week later had the mod back and working better than ever.

Staghorn

Nov 2, 2016
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster new member. I have been vaping since 2012 and have soft spot for high end well made devices. I have many Evolv products and recently decided to join the SX Mini band wagon. I purchased a red Q class 12 days ago and have really grown to love its fit, finish, feel and features. However, my excitement for the SX line was very short lived.

During normal use yesterday, it simply stopped firing. For a minute, i thought my batters were dead but unfortunately, that was not the case. Both showing 4.1 on the the multimeter. When the fire button is depressed in any mode or wattage setting, the mod reacts like all is normal. Voltage drops can be seen, live atty data is displayed such as voltage and ohms, and even the joule counter changes indicating normal usage The issue it that the Rda/tank/ Rta simply does not fire. (I have tired numerous atty's, numerous batteries, cleaned all connections, and attempted to update the firmware)

Because the Q is so new, i cant find much information online regarding the issue. One other ECF member posted in the other Q class thread about the same issue and one person wrote on the Yihi page with no responses from Yihi. Web searches find similar issues with the SSX350 chip but, not able to land at any solid solution.

Needless to say, i am very disappointed that a 12 day old high end device with a $200+ price point has failed. I have written to Yihi but, i am awaiting a response. Ay input from the more seasoned SX users?
so is mine.. stop firing today.. sucks

JARD

Apr 27, 2016
Has anyone found a fix? YiHi has agreed to fix mine for $20, but the horror stories Ive read about these getting “lost” in the mail, or YiHi not returning them for months; they are located in China.

I paid $200 for it through ebay, and the vendor is no longer active.

The screws are apparent glued into the mod threading, making nearly impossible to take the board out unless you can ever so carefully melt the glue enough to where unscrewing becomes possible with a blow dryer.

Or does anyone know a reputable USA located business that can fix this issue?

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.

what does it say in the bottom right hand corner?

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I have an Sxmini Q mini, and every time I replace the batteries, it says "Check Atomiser" altough the Kabuki is there and in perfect working order. I have to turn it off and on again to make it working. This happen with the minimini set in power mode.
For the rest the mod is flawless, great taste and signal purity, and extremely high conversion efficiency. It has a couple of minor issues with battery charging. It will only start charging when the battery voltage falls below 8.1 Volt, and the third digit of the battery voltmeter flickers randomly; I initially thought of a noise issue, but the problem is causes by the voltmeter having three digit and only eight bit of resolution. Furthermore, the battery meter is capped at 8.40 Volt, I can't fathom why. Also, the Q class is not able to vape while charging. All this corners cutting on the charger of such expensive device make little sense in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread