Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Ok, so I was organizing my diy area this morning and had a lightbulb moment. It happens occasionally. I think it's a pretty cool idea, YMMV of course. The trick for me is conveying the idea without a photo since my camera isn't working at present..my dog ate (well, chewed) my battery and I haven't got a replacement yet. sigh....

Ok, so this will only work I think if you store your bottles upright. You may get it to work if you store them in a drawer, but it might not be worth the effort. If you like the idea of using a syringe/pipette per flavor, but don't like the clutter, read on.

buy a bag of cheap drinking straws. I already had some I bought probably 10 yrs ago. Plastic IS forever.

1. Cut the straw so it's about the height of the flavoring bottle. Has to be taller than the pipette or syringes you're using, but a full sized straw would just be silly. I just cut mine in thirds.

2. If you're using pipettes, simply put something in one end (I use a wad of paper towel) or tape over it to stop one end.

3. Tape stopped end down to the side of your flavoring bottle.

4. Insert pipette, bulb side up and there you have it...a pipette holster :)

5. For 1 ml syringes this works as well, but before you tape it to the side of the bottle, cut lengthwise (vertically) down the center of the straw but not all the way down. Play with it until you find what works for you, but this way when you insert the syringe through the top, the straw 'gives' allowing insertion but is stiff enough to hold it snugly. The 'give' after a time may loosen, so you'll have to replace it now and again, but how cheap are STRAWS??!! :)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
That is a nice idea . Wouldnt work how i got my flavors stored but i like the idea . I need something to keep my syringes organized . I have 100 syringes (1 for each flavor ) and i have to look through all 100 to find the flavor syringe i need . I was thinking of taking a strip of styrofoam and drilling 100 holes in it so i can mount all my syringes . It would b like the the holder i have for my atty/cartos

llllllllllllll-1.jpg

Last edited:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Thanks everyone...like I said, once in awhile I surprise myself. I knew I was saving all those danged straws for something lol! Hey, hope it makes things just a little bit easier for someone. Now someone will 'invent' something like it made out of hard plastic or something, and charge way too much money for it, but that's ok coz you'll know you can just use a STRAW :w00t:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Got my syringes today (100) and am in the process of unpackaging syringes and cutting straws...this is going to take awhile ;)
Btw...for anyone that wants to try this, I've found that attaching the cut straw to the flavoring bottle (if using syringes rather than pipettes) works even better using a rubber band rather than tape. This way you can cut the straw the entire length top to bottom, and the rubber band gives with the straw when you insert the syringe and it's frankly more secure.

The syringes I bought came with a small plastic tip cap which is perfect for stopping the bottom of the straw...bonus :) I got my new camera battery today so hopefully I can post a pic or 2 later. Here I goooooooooooooooo..........

DSCN2330.JPG

ok..here's the pic :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread