Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Clear tape has been advocated by many users and they seem satisfied with it. There are also syringes available with an inner (graduated) cylinder and an outer cylinder which protects the graduations. And, if you want to get real classy (and expensive) there are glass syringes with permanent, fused graduations.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Advice I got here a while back has worked pretty well, and I usually use those soft plastic bulb syringes where the outside is routinely dipped into juice bottles. I mark the ml lines with a Sharpy (a genuine indelible Sharpy, not just any felt pen), the I give it a good long time, like a day, to dry thoroughly before using. Scoring the area a bit with sandpaper seems to help as well.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Also, I've noticed that glass syringes of various types are available on ebay for quite reasonable prices, given that they'll last forever if well cared for. Downside, most of them have a luer type tip, which is less common than the bayonet type mount most syringes nowadays have.
I never thought of the luer tip as being a disadvantage. Just buy needles to fit.
There are two types of luer tip, slip and locking. Locking is clearly better, at least for our use.
I've never used one with a bayonet mount though.

Good tip about checking eBay ... if shipping doesn't eat up any savings.

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
I looked in the phone book and found a medical supply place that was about 4 blocks away. Went in a couple of weeks ago, and found that they sold the larger quantities in bags of 25, 50, 100 + and when I told the lady there that I was only looking for two for use with ecigarettes, she pulled out two of a bag that had been ripped in shipping and a couple broken that they were returning to the manufacturer. They were glass and had permanent markings on the outside. She sold me a couple for $10 because since they couldn't be sold (glass fragments in the package) for their intended use. These are normally like $15.00 + a piece. You might check locally and see what you can find in glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread