Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
The ceramic cup version of the T-Dux is meant for single coil, dual verticals could probably be done, but that might risk burning the silicon seal above it. Waiting for stock to order the dual coil heads..

When you rebuild these, you DO NOT remove the ceramic cup from the head,

1. Remove the outer SS shell (inverted cup) from the head.
2. pull out the center pin from the bottom.
3. move the center wire out of the way, this is usually hooked over the silicon plug.
4 pull out the silicon plug.
5. Pull the coil from the top

After sneaking the wires back through the tiny holes in the bottom of the ceramic cup, and getting the new coil/wick in place just turn it over and build it pretty much just like a Kanger head.

I trimmed the wick to approximately .5 inch on each side of the ceramic, trap both sides of the wick between your fingers and the ceramic, twist until the entire wick is trapped, slip the cup back in place, press it on, and your done.

If you have trouble trapping the wick you could probably add a couple drops of juice to help hold it together. I haven't tried it yet, but I would bet the T-Dux would do well with a cotton build, though it may be a little more fiddly to get back together.

Next time I build it I will get some pictures.

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
The ceramic cup version of the T-Dux is meant for single coil, dual verticals could probably be done, but that might risk burning the silicon seal above it...
There is a ceramic cup in both the single and dual coil heads that I have received (ordered from Madvapes.) The single coil version has a two short slots for the wick. The dual coil version has those slots, plus two longer slots for the second coil to allow it to sit crosswise below the first coil. There are two wire holes in the bottom of the ceramic cup on the single coil version, and four on the dual coil version. I've rebuilt both, but only as single coils. Easy peasy.

I would be a little hesitant to try dual coils with just plain res wire. The silicone seal above the wicks should be fine, as it is present in the stock dual coil heads. But the bottom pos post insulator would likely get a little too hot. I've got some of the NR-RES-NR wires from fasttech on the way and might give that a try. Honestly, I haven't seen much improvement in most dual coils over a properly built and powered single coil. Just more battery drain.

holy crap the whistling noise is annoying as hell if you take a slightly harder draw, so i've been drawing a little lighter which is still fine. but the single coil 1.8 produces tons of vapor even at 6 watts on my mvp2. flavor is muuuuch better than my mini protank 2. feel free to ask me any questions, but i must warn you, i'm a bit of a noob. i can't rebuild pt atomizers for the life of me, and i've tried many many times.

edit: whistling noise goes away if you block one of the two air holes. dunno if that helps anyone but thought i'd mention it :confused:

I got rid of the whistle noise by drilling out the air hole to 1/16th. Killed the whistle and improved the hit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

edtexas

Nov 8, 2013
irving, tx
I purchased two of these and have been using them for about three weeks now.

Nicoticket Frenilla and HHV Caramel Cappucino.

Initial impression was very good. Most noticeably, better flavor. Vapor is just
a bit better than regular Aero. Visibly thicker.

Unfortunately, one of these started leaking big time after about 6ml. Contacted
seller, who promised a credit on future purchase.

I figure that there will be a lemon or two out of the thousands they make,
so not too upset about it. I bought five extra heads. Don't know how
long they will last, but, will update in the future.

These do not look easy to rebuild, unless you're pretty damn handy.

I've had the big tank Aero heads last for 4+ months. Unbeiievable.

Hope they start making these for the larger Aero 3ml. soon. Good luck... Ed

Sage-femme

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Beautiful Central Florida
Bumping this to ask where in the world are you finding these? There are only 3-4 retailers on google search and all of them are out of stock for both the unit and extra heads, single or dual coil. Of course they are always "out of stock" at MadVapes. Thanks in advance for any leads!

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
Bumping this to ask where in the world are you finding these? There are only 3-4 retailers on google search and all of them are out of stock for both the unit and extra heads, single or dual coil. Of course they are always "out of stock" at MadVapes. Thanks in advance for any leads!
Sorry. I got mine at Madvapes & I haven't seen another reasonable source. The head rebuild on these is pretty easy so I haven't been looking lately. If anyone has another source, I wouldn't mind picking up some colored ones. All I have is black and stainless.

Sage-femme

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Beautiful Central Florida
It's just hard to find most anything in stock at MadVapes. I do have a ticket inquiry in to them. I also see a 3.0 version (3 ml) on the Smoktech website as well as a cotton wick option. Interesting. Wonder how long if will take those to show up available for purchase somewhere. Also have an inquiry in to Smoktech about those. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath for that reply but I may get surprised!

Zander_47

Nov 12, 2013
California
I ordered from madvapes and it was leaking like crazy from the moment I filled it up! I contacted them and they sent me another but they sent it to the wrong address (it ended up going somewhere in Texas) and I didn't bother checking it status because I just assumed they would ship it the cheapest (and slowest) way possible. Two weeks later, however, I was impatient so I checked and upon realization that it was sent to someone else, contacted them again! So they sent me TWO tdux 2.0 with 2 day priority mail (totally surprised me, thanks Madvapes!) but out of the two they sent me, one worked the other leaks just as bad as the first one I had! So I've got two leaky tdux.. that seems a bit weird that two of the three I received don't work properly? I'm happy with the one that does work , and Madvapes has already gone above and beyond what I would ask from a seller, but I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with leaking? Any ways to fix it? It looks to me like there is a problem with the head where it touches the connector. The metal piece that slides into the grommet comes out fairly easily. It seems to be leaking from there. Any ideas?

Zander_47

Nov 12, 2013
California
Ok.. well I took out the center pin of the head, along with the grommet... I then gently tugged on the wires to tighten it up a bit and replaced the grommet and center pin! It gurgled a bit initially, and I had to wipe a small amount of leakage off the connector, but it stopped leaking and is working flawlessly now! No leaks or gurgling! Well.. for one of the two faulty tdux that I have. The other one is still leaking, ill keep trying though! I don't really want to try to completely rebuild it since I've never done it before except for an RDA.. but I guess if I can't figure it out I might try it! I have the wick and wire needed so perhaps its worth a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread