T-Shirts to gain positive attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_2k9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton, Oh
So I was watching random Youtube videos, when I came across a guy wearing a t-shirt with his resume on it. He would walk around town wearing this shirt to attract employers and apparently ended up gaining media attention and a job.

So... While his idea was a little more unique, could pro e-smoking shirts achieve slightly similar success? For all I know this could be done already, I haven't seen it personally though.

Maybe some shirts with a short and sweet message, reflecting positively on e-smoking, along with a web address to a page full of facts on benefits of e-smoking, would be a good idea?

Shirts plastered with a wall of text, I'm sure wouldn't attract many. (You know how lazy people are nowadays) But if someone could come up with a nice little message, something to get people thinking, I think it would certainly help our cause. At this point, We NEED to pull out all the tricks in the bag, do whatever we possibly can to gain positive attention.

Maybe it could be done by those in charge here at the site, maybe even sell them off to members as a sort of fundraiser to further improve the site. (not that it really needs improved, the place is great.)

Or maybe someone crafty could open a shop on Custom T-Shirts, Unique Gifts, Posters, & Personalized Mugs | CafePress and create a shirt for us to buy/support our cause.

Just a thought. :)

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
T-Shirt Design Idea...

Wanna touch my P.E.N.I.S.?
(that's my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhaler System to YOU)

Love it Domino!!

I also think this would be a great idea! If anyone can come up with a logo, phrase or whatever, my cousin owns a screen printing and embroidery shop. PM me and I can give you his contact info. Who knows, maybe money can be raised in addition to awareness :thumbs:

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
T-Shirt Design Idea...

Wanna touch my P.E.N.I.S.?
(that's my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhaler System to YOU)

claping%20hands.gif
"Grab my P.E.N.I.S.!

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
was kinda running out the door there sorry........

Been looking into this...thought it would be a good way to raise money for some of our support groups. Like CASAA...(I haddnt talked with them about this yet, Surprise!)

But the issue I'm running into with cafepress and zazzle..is they want to charge 22-27 a t-shirt. Which from a consumer POV(ok My POV) isnt to bad...IF your supporting a good cause. However, with CP and zazzle, the "profit" is like a whole 1.10 per t-shirt. Which just sucks...that doesnt really help a good cause at all.
There is also ordered screen printing, but then you got to buy in Bulk...with no concept of how well these would sell. Not really in a rush to drop cash on 500 XL t-shirts.

So I'm still looking for a good company to do this with...Or kinda thinking about getting one of those home printing machine things. IDK yet.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
True story...

Anyone who comes out with an awesome shirt that portrays vaping in a positive light is going to be able to sell a crapload of them here. This is probably as good an idea for making a ton of money as I have heard yet. I am not going to do it, but someone will, and they will be very happy they did.

But the shirts have to be awesome.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
was kinda running out the door there sorry........

Been looking into this...thought it would be a good way to raise money for some of our support groups. Like CASAA...(I haddnt talked with them about this yet, Surprise!)

But the issue I'm running into with cafepress and zazzle..is they want to charge 22-27 a t-shirt. Which from a consumer POV(ok My POV) isnt to bad...IF your supporting a good cause. However, with CP and zazzle, the "profit" is like a whole 1.10 per t-shirt. Which just sucks...that doesnt really help a good cause at all.
There is also ordered screen printing, but then you got to buy in Bulk...with no concept of how well these would sell. Not really in a rush to drop cash on 500 XL t-shirts.

So I'm still looking for a good company to do this with...Or kinda thinking about getting one of those home printing machine things. IDK yet.

Hey UntamedRose - I agree this is an excellent idea! I just watched an info-mercial on TV last night for a compact "home, silkscreen" unit where you can make your own designs, logos, slogans etc. and very easily put them on shirts, jeans, purses, wallets, furniture, glass, etc. It's an amazing product. I wonder if any of our members have one - if so we could design our own logo(s) and make the shirts for a lot cheaper than ordering through a professional silk-screener Just a thought.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
So I was watching random Youtube videos, when I came across a guy wearing a t-shirt with his resume on it. He would walk around town wearing this shirt to attract employers and apparently ended up gaining media attention and a job.

So... While his idea was a little more unique, could pro e-smoking shirts achieve slightly similar success? For all I know this could be done already, I haven't seen it personally though.

Maybe some shirts with a short and sweet message, reflecting positively on e-smoking, along with a web address to a page full of facts on benefits of e-smoking, would be a good idea?

Shirts plastered with a wall of text, I'm sure wouldn't attract many. (You know how lazy people are nowadays) But if someone could come up with a nice little message, something to get people thinking, I think it would certainly help our cause. At this point, We NEED to pull out all the tricks in the bag, do whatever we possibly can to gain positive attention.

Maybe it could be done by those in charge here at the site, maybe even sell them off to members as a sort of fundraiser to further improve the site. (not that it really needs improved, the place is great.)

Or maybe someone crafty could open a shop on Custom T-Shirts, Unique Gifts, Posters, & Personalized Mugs | CafePress and create a shirt for us to buy/support our cause.

Just a thought. :)

That's one of the Best Ideas I have heard of yet!! I would buy a bunch and would be able to sell them as well. Thanks jimmy_2k9 I'm going to start looking into this. Take a look at my post to UntamedRose re: the "home silk-screen" unit - have you seen those for sale anywhere?

Jimmy_2k9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton, Oh
Hey UntamedRose - I agree this is an excellent idea! I just watched an info-mercial on TV last night for a compact "home, silkscreen" unit where you can make your own designs, logos, slogans etc. and very easily put them on shirts, jeans, purses, wallets, furniture, glass, etc. It's an amazing product. I wonder if any of our members have one - if so we could design our own logo(s) and make the shirts for a lot cheaper than ordering through a professional silk-screener Just a thought.

While the home made shirts seem like a very good idea, I'm wondering just how pricey that would become? Buying the machine, supplies to run it and then all the t-shirts themselves, seems like alot of cash to me. I thought something like Cafepress would be a little easier, since all the person has to do is open a store through the site, upload a design, then they have an unlimited stock. While the profit through these sites seems very petty, with the costs of doing it Yourself, I wonder how it would compare.

Also, with these sites, You have a HUGE selection of items to put your design on. Coffee mugs, clocks, mouse pads, bumper stickers (which would be an even cheaper solution for those in a pinch) ect.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
i have a source who charges by color. including t-shirt is around $6/per for one color, and i think $1.50 for each addl color. no setup, no minimum. good quality shirts too.
I know people who know people who are set up to create t-shirts, and there is MASSIVE profit to be made if you have the equipment. The cost goes by colors, as you have noted, and quality of the shirt as well. If anyone is seriously considering this I strongly suggest going high quality and at least a few colors. Don't try to get off cheap here, as many would not hesitate to pay $20 for an awesome shirt.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
While the home made shirts seem like a very good idea, I'm wondering just how pricey that would become? Buying the machine, supplies to run it and then all the t-shirts themselves, seems like alot of cash to me. I thought something like Cafepress would be a little easier, since all the person has to do is open a store through the site, upload a design, then they have an unlimited stock. While the profit through these sites seems very petty, with the costs of doing it Yourself, I wonder how it would compare.

Also, with these sites, You have a HUGE selection of items to put your design on. Coffee mugs, clocks, mouse pads, bumper stickers (which would be an even cheaper solution for those in a pinch) ect.

I again think you're right - I wasn't aware of Cafepress - that does sound simpler or even ejoker's source. I hope it gets done I definitely want some T-shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread