T3 frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcarey03

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Minnesota, USA
A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from a halo g6 to an ego twist and got 2 t3 bottom coil clearos to go with it. I fully understand that some leakage is going to occur with these but after using them for only a couple of days they started to gurgle then leak, all over my battery. I've vodka soaked them and even replaced the bottom coils but that doesn't seem to have helped. I'm mostly vaping high PG with a couple of high VG juices in the rotation, everything from tobacco to fruity to desert flavors. It seems ridiculous that it would be user error, there just isn't that much that needs to be done. I don't over-fill them so I'm not sure what is going on. It was recommended to me to try the evods so I've gotten a couple of them and so far they are working fine but it seems a waste to chuck my t3's. Any ideas?

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Have you been making sure not to fill in the middle tube? That sometimes is a cause for leaks. Have both of your T3s been leaking? Unfortunately, sometimes with chinese manufactured items, you get a 'dud.' That seems strange to me that they still had problems with leaking after you changed the coils though. Another thing I would suggest is are you closing them all the way? Sometimes, my T3's feel like they are tight, but when I give them a little more tug, they close a little better. You can see this on the T3. Is there a gap between your bottom part and the tube? Try to tighten them some more if there is. If not, do not try to tighten more. Again, you will be able to see the gap.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Couldn't say, I use MT3's and MT3S's and evods.. the design of each is about the same. Some hold 50/50 and others hold 100% VG.. No issues from any of them.
Ensure you have all your silicone gaskets in place and don't let them get lower than 1/4 full. Some suggest flipping the top gasket cup of the coil over.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
There is also the option to go on a site like DiscountVapers and pick up the replacement bottom that upgrades your T3 to the T3S which will make it more like the eVod and Protank. I know I love the T3S after going through a range of issues with the T3 but it's up to you, do you want to spend another buck or two to get the new base and than pick up new coils (5.95 for 5 on DV)?

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Where did you get them? What part of the tank are they leaking form? From the bottom of the coil that touches the battery, or the top of the coil that twists to the tank?

I've been using T3's since I started vaping and used to get a lot of gurgling, but added a little trick to filling them, now I never get any gurgling and they work great.

First, i prefer low ohm coils for my ego twist.

Second, I got the most gurgling just after filling them. I realized this because when I had the tank upside down, no matter how careful I was to avoid getting juice down the center shaft, I always got gurgling.

How I fixed it was, before removing the bottom coil, take a piece of a paper towel and twist it up really thin so you stick it through the drip tip opening. If you look into the drip tip you will see a small hole (this leads to the center shaft), make sure you're paper towel is thin enough to get in there. In addition, part of the paper towel should be filling the drip tip itself. Basically what you are doing is completely plugging up the drip tip. Then turn it over, remove the bottom coil and fill with juice. Fill it as high as you want, twist on the bottom coil nice and tight. Then remove the paper towel you used to plug up the drip tip.

If your T3's are anything like mine, you will see a lot of juice on the paper towel. Then twist up another piece of paper towel and stick it back in the drip tip hole to get any other left over juice. Continue doing that until paper towels come out dry. When i first started doing this it required 3 or 4 paper towel twists, but after doing this a few times, I only have to do it once and the T3 works flawlessly.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You mentioned using high pg and high Vg
You should be getting different results with each as they should be very different in viscosity.

High PG should have a bit more wicking(flavor wick) to keep the juice from over wicking and leaking.
Just the opposite for high Vg.

I usually fluff the wicks before reinstalling. Seems to work fine for me.

jlcarey03

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Minnesota, USA
Thanks for all the advise, all!
I was able to tighten down the coil some but the leaking and gurgling continue. The leak isn't spilling out onto the outside of the battery it's inside. When I unscrew the t3 there's juice inside where the battery connects to the tank. I like the paper towel trick, I'll use that next time I fill. But the gurgling doesn't happen right away, it's after a few minutes of vaping. The vapor production seems to be fine but I'm also getting little drops of juice with the vapor.
I'm still pretty new to all this so bare with me!

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Thanks for all the advise, all!
I was able to tighten down the coil some but the leaking and gurgling continue. The leak isn't spilling out onto the outside of the battery it's inside. When I unscrew the t3 there's juice inside where the battery connects to the tank. I like the paper towel trick, I'll use that next time I fill. But the gurgling doesn't happen right away, it's after a few minutes of vaping. The vapor production seems to be fine but I'm also getting little drops of juice with the vapor.
I'm still pretty new to all this so bare with me!

It sounds like you might have faulty bottom coils if it keeps leaking into the connection, or there might be a lot of condensation ... Or, what happens to me, every time I fill the tank, juice somehow gets down the center shaft. Either way, the trick to fixing the issue is realizing that there is liquid or condensation in the center shaft. You can use the thin twisted up paper towel any time, not just when you fill...I ALWAYS use the paper towel trick when I fill as to avoid any moisture and/or juice from being trapped in the center shaft while I have it apart. But you can easily do it while you're vaping. The trick is to keep the center shaft dry.

barefootntx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
jus south a houston, tx, usa
Where did you get them? What part of the tank are they leaking form? From the bottom of the coil that touches the battery, or the top of the coil that twists to the tank?

I've been using T3's since I started vaping and used to get a lot of gurgling, but added a little trick to filling them, now I never get any gurgling and they work great.

First, i prefer low ohm coils for my ego twist.

Second, I got the most gurgling just after filling them. I realized this because when I had the tank upside down, no matter how careful I was to avoid getting juice down the center shaft, I always got gurgling.

How I fixed it was, before removing the bottom coil, take a piece of a paper towel and twist it up really thin so you stick it through the drip tip opening. If you look into the drip tip you will see a small hole (this leads to the center shaft), make sure you're paper towel is thin enough to get in there. In addition, part of the paper towel should be filling the drip tip itself. Basically what you are doing is completely plugging up the drip tip. Then turn it over, remove the bottom coil and fill with juice. Fill it as high as you want, twist on the bottom coil nice and tight. Then remove the paper towel you used to plug up the drip tip.

If your T3's are anything like mine, you will see a lot of juice on the paper towel. Then twist up another piece of paper towel and stick it back in the drip tip hole to get any other left over juice. Continue doing that until paper towels come out dry. When i first started doing this it required 3 or 4 paper towel twists, but after doing this a few times, I only have to do it once and the T3 works flawlessly.

Hope that helps.

i use qtips, just stick a qtip in before turning it upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread