Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Is the Tabac T3 made by Kanger or is it a clone by another company? I have a set of five Tabac T3s and a set of replacement coils assemblies, all 1.8 ohm, coming from Heaven Gifts. The tracking shows they should be delivered tomorrow. Before I ordered them I did a Google search and many vendors sell the Tabac branded ones, but say they are made by Kanger. But now I am beginning to doubt if they are really made by Kanger. I hope I am not disappointed by them as I have heard so many good things about the Kanger T3 and thought I was buying the same product. If anyone has used the ones branded Tabac and can give me some feedback I would really appreciate it. I would especially appreciate feedback on the 1.8 ohm coils.

:unsure:

Last edited:

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
I just got the Tabac "T3s" from Heaven Gifts myself. I also have Kanger T3 from GotVapes. Comparing them side by side, the only difference I can see is a "Tabac BCC" logo imprinted on the plastic tube. But otherwise they look identical. Both have 3 vent holes and even the font listing liquid volume printed on the plastic looks the same. It looks like Tabac BCC is a re-branded version of Kanger T3. Who knows if it was licensed from Kanger or reverse-engineered?

The vaping world is a "wild west" right now. The only company that seems to be concerned about brand perception is Joye and it seems to be working for them -- there are many people who insist on Joye branded merchandise because of reputation.

But I don't know about Kanger. It seems that they are not exactly consistent quality-wise. Phil Busardo gave Kanger T3 the top rating when he compared it to similar devices. Now he may need to reverse that since he tried another Kanger T3 and had bad experience with it. The only difference between the 2 Kanger T3s was where he purchased them. Youtube has the story:
A Cranky PBusardo Rant, Review, & Giveaway - The Transformer - YouTube
(If the Youtube link doesn't work, just go to Youtube and search for "A Cranky PBusardo Rant".)

Last edited:

blackcatchief

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Virginia Beach
I have two of the Tabac's, not impressed. tried both and also with replacement heads. Out of the four heads there was one that seem to "whistle" when I drew on it, not a big deal, just kindof annoying. No leaks are problems with vapor or dry/burning hits. The flavor was just not there for me. Using a ego 1000mah twist tried the whole voltage range, and always have muted flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread