Taifun Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andye81

May 31, 2015
Hi,

I purchased one, and have another on back order from Origin. I absolutely love it. I chain vape, and can get a day out of a 18650. Quite amazing really. I like it better than my Dani Box 60w. Built like a tank, absolutely amazing. Feels heavy, but a solid machine with a GT4 on top. It’s expensive, and I had to save for them. But makes it even more enjoyable. I’m good for mods now. No more shinnyitis for a while now!

If you have the coin, and are looking for something quality and special I highly recommended it. You won’t be disappointed at all.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Nice looking mod and probably built like a tank. But lack of USB charging is a no-go for me.

I don't think anything that comes with a Dicodes chip has a USB... I always found it easier to carry extra batteries anyways as opposed to trying to find someplace to plug in and charge...

Reactions: stols001

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Hi,

I purchased one, and have another on back order from Origin. I absolutely love it. I chain vape, and can get a day out of a 18650. Quite amazing really. I like it better than my Dani Box 60w. Built like a tank, absolutely amazing. Feels heavy, but a solid machine with a GT4 on top. It’s expensive, and I had to save for them. But makes it even more enjoyable. I’m good for mods now. No more shinnyitis for a while now!

If you have the coin, and are looking for something quality and special I highly recommended it. You won’t be disappointed at all.

Good. I'm glad you like it.

I was thinking of using a Kayfun 5 Squared on it that has the PEI tank and PEI 810 drip tip. I'm somewhere between MTL and DL. I vape this Kayfun at 15 watts with the airflow set to the next to max open. With that in mind would the GT4 be too wide open for someone like me?

Thanks.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Nice looking mod and probably built like a tank. But lack of USB charging is a no-go for me.

I go back and forth. I always charge my Radius via the USB. On my SX Mini and JAC, I sometimes change batteries and sometime use the USB. And of course on my dicodes I change the battery.

Andye81

May 31, 2015
Good. I'm glad you like it.

I was thinking of using a Kayfun 5 Squared on it that has the PEI tank and PEI 810 drip tip. I'm somewhere between MTL and DL. I vape this Kayfun at 15 watts with the airflow set to the next to max open. With that in mind would the GT4 be too wide open for someone like me?

Thanks.

The GT4 is a slightly restrictive DL full open ( only slight) So it’s not just like sucking on air like in an RDA but it is open, with one air slot open it is no where near MTL it is a comfortable very restricted DL or slight MTL. I’d say that one a lot open on the GT4 is like the middle of the road in the Kayfun 5s. I own a Kayfun 5, Kayfun 5 Squared, a Kayfun Prime, GG Armed Eagle, GG Amadeus, Squape Orginal ( with small kit). My GT4’s are my favourite RTA’s right now.

But I still think the Kayfun Squared with PEI tank would look nice on the taifun Box. Or maybe even look at the dicodes 21700 which is also a 25mm.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
The GT4 is a slightly restrictive DL full open ( only slight) So it’s not just like sucking on air like in an RDA but it is open, with one air slot open it is no where near MTL it is a comfortable very restricted DL or slight MTL. I’d say that one a lot open on the GT4 is like the middle of the road in the Kayfun 5s. I own a Kayfun 5, Kayfun 5 Squared, a Kayfun Prime, GG Armed Eagle, GG Amadeus, Squape Orginal ( with small kit). My GT4’s are my favourite RTA’s right now.

But I still think the Kayfun Squared with PEI tank would look nice on the taifun Box. Or maybe even look at the dicodes 21700 which is also a 25mm.

I actually have a clone GT4, so I may give it a shot when I have some time.

I'm not a big fan of clones and would not use one on a regular basis. However, there are some wild looking tanks out there that I like to look at, so I've bought a bunch of clones. There are also quite a few in colors the original manufacturer did not or probably will not make--blue Kayfuns, for example.

And I made a promise to myself that if I used the clone and liked it, I would buy the authentic.

My only issue with the dicodes 21700 is another battery type. Whereas I can use an 18650 with the Taifun Box.

Thank you for the advice.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I did buy an authentic GT4 and Taifun Box from InTaste. I have a question on the tank. I'm running a 50/50 juice with a 1.0ohm spaced coil and the wattage is set to 15. I set the juice control to about half open. I'm using one of the airflow slots and it's shut down to about 50%. This seems about right to me. But I'm not 100% sure on the juice control. Is 50% OK or should I put it at fully open? Thanks.

IMG_0173.jpg

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
My first go of four full fills went well with the ports at about 50% and the air on the MTL side at about the same.

When I pulled the cotton, it appeared I'd used a bit too much cotton. I'm going to try a bit less next time.

The one really great thing about this tank over the Kayfun is cleaning. My juice is a coil gunker. After about 20mils or so I'd have to completely dissemble the Kayfun 5 for some serious cleaning. With the GT4 all I had to do was rinse it under running water for a few seconds and it was clean. Very nice.

I'll try the juice ports fully open this time. Thank you for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread